跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第648期:如何“推迟”约会?
日期:2020-04-07 09:04

(单词翻译:单击)

Let's push it back an hour.

让我们推出一个小时。


Let's delay/postpone it for an hour.

我们推迟/延后一个小时吧。


Can we move it up an hour?

我们能提前一个小时吗?


Can we meet an hour earlier?

我们能提前一小时见面吗?


Would it be okay if we moved it forward by an hour?

如果我们提前一个小时,可以吗?


Let's plan this for another weekend, okay?

我们定在另一个周末,可以吗?


Dialogue1:

A: Hey, Bob. Can we meet a little later this afternoon that we planned?

嗨,鲍勃,我们今天下午能不能比预定的时间晚一点儿再见面?


B: Yeah, no problem, what time?

行,没问题,几点?


A: Let's push it back an hour to 5 PM, okay?

咱们推迟一小时吧,下午五点,可以吗?


Dialogue2:

A: Hope you don't mind, but I can't make it for drinks after work.

希望你不要介意,我下班后没法去喝酒了。


B: Really? Why not?

真的吗?为什么不行?


A: My wife just called and wants me to come straight home after work.

老婆打电话来,希望我下班后直接回家。


Dialogue3:

A: I have to call off our trip this weekend. Something's come up.

我不得不取消我们这周末的旅行,我有点事儿。


B: Oh, that's too bad. We'll miss you.

哦,那太糟糕了,我们会想你的。



Conversation:

A: You know that date you set me up with on Saturday?

还记得你给我安排的周六的约会吧?


B: Don't tell me you can't make it now...

你不会是现在才告诉我,你没法去了吧。


A: Oh, I'm really sorry, but the boss dumped a lot of work on me today. It needs to be finished by next monday.

非常抱歉,今天老板给我安排了一堆工作,我必须在下周一之前完成。


B: So you won't even have time for dinner on saturday night? Come on, you have to eat anyway, you know.

所以你连周六晚上吃饭的时间都没有了吗?拜托,不管怎么样你都要吃饭的。


A: I know, but I was just going to order out from my office. Look, can 't he take a rain check? I'll be happy to meet him the following week.

我知道,但是我打算在办公室叫外卖。我说,他不能延期再见面吗?我会很高兴下周跟他见面的。


B: This is the third time you've postponed dates that I have set up for you. I'm beginning to lose hope for you.

这是你第三次推迟我给你安排的约会了,我已经开始对你失去希望了。

分享到