(单词翻译:单击)
You make sure to tie up any loose ends before you leave.
你一定要在走之前把那些细枝末节的结尾工作都做完
tie up loose ends
解决尚待处理的细枝末节问题
I need to tie up a few loose ends before I go on vacation.
我去度假之前需要处理一些小事情。
A:Mr.Black,I'd like to take some time off.I've been feeling exhausted these days.
布莱克先生,我想请假。我这些天感觉太累了。
B:That's no problem.Let me see...You still have 10 days of annual leave left.Is that right?
没问题。我来看一下 ...你还有十天年假没休。对吗?
A:Yes.I was wondering if I could take another two weeks off.
是的,我在想能否再多请两周的假。
B:That's long leave.How's your project coming along?
这个假可够长的了。那你的项目进行的怎么样了?
A:The project I'm in charge of now will be done by the end of this week.I'd like to take my leave from next Monday on.
我现在负责的这个项目到这周结束就能做完。我想从下周一开始休假。
B:Well,alright,but you make sure to tie up any loose ends before you leave.
恩,那好吧。但是你一定/确保要在走之前把那些细枝末节的结尾工作都做完。
A:Thank you.Mr Black.There are no immediate projects coming up at the moment.Mr.White will be in charge during my absence.He's taken part in several projects as my assistant and knows how to maintain relationships with our clients.
谢谢您,布莱克先生。目前不会立即有什么新项目。我不在的时候,怀特先生会负责。他以我助理的身份也跟着我做了几个项目了,他知道怎样和客户维系关系。
B:Great.I hope you have a good relaxation and come back refreshed.
很好。我希望你好好休息放松。回来工作的时候精神焕发。
A:I will.Many thanks.Mr.Black.
我会的,非常感谢您。布莱克先生。