跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第522期:发音讲解:teach someone a lesson
日期:2018-11-01 14:40

(单词翻译:单击)

A:I just taught him a lesson. Nothing more.
我只是教训他一下,没别的。
B:I think you carried it out too far. You're to blame.
我认为你做得过分了,要怪你。
A:Maybe it's my fault.
或许是我错了吧。


发音训练
taught him a dɪmə
carried it out dɪ


口语训练
teach someone a lesson 给某人一个教训
This accident has taught him a lesson not to drive after drinking.
这次事故给他一个教训,不要再酒后驾车了。
I'm going to teach him a lesson not to steal.
我要给他一个教训,不要偷窃。

carry it out too far 做得过分了
He was trying to be helpful,but he carried it out too far.
他想尽力帮忙,但做得有些过了。
Don't carry the matter out too far, or you may get into trouble.
不要把这件事做得太过分了,否则你会招来麻烦。

be to blame(对不好的事)负有责任;该受责备
If anyone's to blame, it's me.
如果有人要受到责备,是我。

分享到
重点单词
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.