跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第587期:司机!开快点!
日期:2019-06-24 10:48

(单词翻译:单击)

put the pedal to the metal
尽全力做
I need to hand in this assignment on Friday. So I will have to put the pedal to the metal.
这份作业我周五就得交了,所以我得全力以赴。

A: Good morning, sir. Where would you like to go?
先生,早上好,您想去哪?
B: I need to be at the airport in 30 minutes.
我得在30分钟内到达机场。
A: The domestic or international terminal?
国内线还是国际线的航站楼?
B: International, thanks.
国际线的,谢谢。
A: I'll do my best, but the traffic is heavy at this time of the day. It's likely to take about 40 minutes.
我会尽力而为,但每天的这个时候交通很拥堵,很可能得花上约40分钟。
B: You'd better step on it, then. We don't have a second to waste.
但你最好开快点,我们连一秒钟也不能浪费。
A: Sir, instead of taking the freeway, I can take a shortcut. I'll be able to put the pedal to the metal and get there much quicker.
先生,如果不走高速公路我可以走捷径。我就可以把油门踩到底,到那里就会快多了。
B: Do whatever is necessary.
该做什么就去做吧。
A: Okay, fasten your seat belt; this could be a little bit hairy.
好的,把你的安全带系上,可能会有一点惊险。


分享到