跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第425期:我之前因为她放弃了很多机会
日期:2018-01-22 09:23

(单词翻译:单击)

I turned down quite a few offers before for her sake.
我之前因为她放弃了很多机会。


1.turn down
拒绝(请求;提议等)
I turned down the offer.
我拒绝了那个提议。
关小
Could you please turn down the music?
你可以把音乐声调小吗?
2.sake
缘故;理由;目的
for sb's sake/for the sake of sb
为了某人起见;因为某人的缘故
You can do it,please,for my sake.
你可以做到的,求你了,就算是为了我。

A:Why are you so upset today,Maria?Cheer up!
玛利亚,你今天情绪怎么这么低落?振作点!
B:Alice,it's about the job with the PR company.
艾瑞斯,是因为那个公共公司的实习机会。
A:It's a great opportunity.You should be happy with the offer.
这可是个好机会,你应该高兴才对。
B:But my mother won't allow me to accept any part-time job.I'm afraid she will say no again.
但是我妈妈老是不让我做兼职。我担心这次她还是不同意。
A:Why?It's unfair.You can learn a lot from it.
为什么啊?这样不公平。你可以从实习中学到很多东西的。
B:She says a part-time job takes so much time and energy that I won't be able to focus on my study.
她总是说兼职要花很多时间和精力。我就不能专心学习了。
A:That may be true.But I'm sure you're able to find a balance between them.Why not try it?
有道理。但是我相信你能在兼职和学习之间找到平衡。为什么不试试呢?
B:I turned down quite a few offers before for her sake.But I'm a senior now.I don't want to miss the chance this time.
我之前因为我妈妈放弃了很多机会。可是我现在大四了。我不想再错过这次机会了。
A:I agree with you,but I think you really need to talk to your mother and tell her what's on your mind.
我支持你。我觉得你应该和你妈妈好好谈谈,告诉她你的想法。

分享到