跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第491期:我不想停滞不前
日期:2018-07-16 09:24

(单词翻译:单击)

I don't want to stuck in a rut.
我不想停滞不前。


stuck in a rut
一成不变
we need to find some new things to do that we both like. Otherwise, we might be stuck in this rut forever!
我们需要找到我们喜欢的新事物。否则,我们可能永远这样一成不变。

A:I've been so tired recently. I've been trying, but I don't think I'm up to this job.
最近很累,我一直都很努力,但是我觉得我不能胜任这个工作。
B:You need to take a break, maybe a vacation.
你需要休息一下,或许需要休假。
A:Indeed. I've run out of steam. To be honest, I want to be in a different environment.
的确。我已经失去动力了。说实话,我想换个环境。
B:Is that so?
这样?
A:Yes, I don't want to be stuck in a rut. I want to move on.
是的,我不想停滞不前,我要进步。
B:Have you decided?
你决定了?
A:Yes. I want to get a better job.
是的,我想找个更好的工作。
B:Could you tell me why you want to quit?
能告诉我为什么要辞职吗?
A:I quit because of the unsatisfactory salary and the trouble in getting along with my colleagues.
我辞职是因为对薪水不满意,也很难和同事相处好。
B:Oh, that's terrible. I'd like to say that I've really enjoyed working with you. However, I think you should work harder for your new job and then you can ask for higher pay.
噢,那很糟。我想说我和你共事很开心,但是你得知道你要在新工作岗位上更加努力,才可以要求更高的报酬。
A:Thank you so much for your advice.
谢谢你的建议。
B:Every best wish for your new job.
祝你新工作里一切都好。

分享到