跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第803期:庆祝春节
日期:2021-01-05 08:26

(单词翻译:单击)

celebrate

庆祝

Jack has passed his exams. We're going out to celebrate.

杰克已经通过考试,我们要外出庆祝一下。


Chinese celebrate the Lunar New Year.

中国人庆祝农历新年。


We celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival with some mooncakes.

我们用月饼来庆祝中秋节。


I've never done..

我从没做过...

I've never heard of the place.

我从来没有听说过这个地方。


I've never been to the States.

我从来没有去过美国。


Conversation


A: Do you know when Spring Festival is this year?

你知道今年春节是什么时候吗?


B: Yes, it's next Saturday.

知道啊,是下周六。


A: Oh, good. I thought I had missed it. Are you going to celebrate?

太好了,我还以为已经过了呢,你们打算庆祝吗?


B: I don't have any plans to celebrate. What about you?

我还没有什么过节的安排,你呢?


A: I'm having some friends and family over for dinner. Do you want to come?

我请了一些朋友,和家里人一起吃晚餐,你想过来吗?


B: Sure. Are you going to do anything special to celebrate?

当然好了,你们会做什么特别的事情来庆祝节日吗?


A: Yes, we're going to have a big meal together, play mahjong, and make dumplings together.

会呀,我们打算一起吃顿大餐,玩麻将,然后包饺子。


B: When do you plan on eating the dumplings?

你们打算什么时候吃饺子?


A: It's a tradition in China to eat dumplings at midnight.

中国的传统习惯是半夜吃饺子。


B: I see. I've never celebrated the Spring Festival before.

我知道了,我以前没庆祝过春节。


A: Well, you should definitely come to mine this year then. We're going to set off some fireworks in the evening too. It will be a lot of fun.

那你今年一定要来找我一起过。我们晚上会放烟花呢,咱们一定会玩得很开心的。


B: Okay, what time should I come by?

好的,我几点钟去?


A: You can come anytime before six PM.

只要晚上六点以前到就行。


B: Should I bring anything with me?

我应该带点什么东西吗?


A: You don't have to bring anything. But if you want to, you could bring a bottle of wine.

你什么都不用带,不过如果愿意的话,你可以带一瓶红酒。


B: OK, should I bring some red envelops for the kids as well?

好的,我是不是还应该给孩子们带点红包?


A: Sure, if you want to. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

你愿意的话,那再好不过了。我保证他们会特别喜欢的。

分享到