跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第604期:分享相亲经历
日期:2019-07-31 10:29

(单词翻译:单击)

①I ended up watching DVD after five minutes.
②That's easier said than done.
③She's always setting me up on blind dates.


A: I was reading about Dick Jones online last night.
昨晚我在网上看一些关于迪克琼斯的资料。
B: Anything interesting?
有什么有趣的东西吗?
A: Not really, I ended up watching a DVD after five minutes.
没有。我就看到五分钟,之后就看了DVD。
B: On your own?
你一个人?
A: Just me and a bag of microwave popcorn.
只有我和一包爆米花。
B: You need to find a boyfriend.
你得找个男朋友了。
A: That's easier said than done. The only guys I meet are cops and criminals.
说起来容易,做起来难啊。我所遇见的男人不是警察就是罪犯。
B: Why don't you go to a night club?
你为什么不去夜店?
A: I'm terrible at dancing. Really, it's embarrassing.
我很不会跳舞,真的会很尴尬的。
B: You can't be that bad.
你不会太差的。
A: Can't I? Last time I went dancing, I knocked over a waitress.
还不差呢?上回我去跳舞撞到了一个女服务员。
B: That doesn't sound too terrible.
那也不是很糟糕吗。
A: She was carrying a tray of drinks at the time.
当时她正拖着一盘饮料。
B: Oh, I bet things got a bit messy.
哦。我打赌这下事情就有点麻烦了。
A: A bit? The dance floor looked like a swimming pool.
有点?整个舞池都都像个游泳池了。
B: Don't worry, I'm sure you'll meet a nice guy eventually.
别担心,我相信你最终会遇到一个好男孩的。
A: Tell that to my mom. She's always setting me up on blind dates.
把这句话告诉我妈妈吧,她总是给我安排相亲。
B: There's nothing worse than a blind date.
没有比相亲更糟糕的了。
A: Tell me about it. The guys are always so strange.
我早就知道这些男人总是那么奇怪。
B: I bet they are ugly too.
我感打赌他们肯定也很丑。
A: one guy I met looked like a pig, I'm not joking.
我见的其中一个男的很像猪,我没开玩笑。
B: What did you do?
你怎么做的?
A: I couldn't cancel the date after meeting him.
见面以后我也不好取消约会了。
B: You're too kind. So you went to a restaurant with him?
你可真好,所以你和他去了餐厅?
A: Yes. But I tried not to look at his face.
是的。但是我试着不去看他的脸。
B: Why didn't you go to the movie theater?
你们为什么不去看电影啊?
A: I don't understand.
我不太明白你的意思。
B: Well, you wouldn't see his face in the dark.
黑暗里,你就看不到他的脸了。
A: It sounds like you have some experience of blind dating, too.
听上去你也有很多相亲经验啊。

分享到