(单词翻译:单击)
A: How's your new job going?
你的新工作怎么样?
B: It's challenging, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
充满挑战,不过我很喜欢这种感觉。
A: That's great, I knew you'd do a good job as a manager.
那很好啊,我知道你当经理会做的很好。
B: Thanks a lot.
多谢。
A: How's your assistant manager getting on?
你的副经理呢,怎么样?
B: Well, that's part of the problem. His probation period is up tomorrow and I don't think he's ready to pass.
嗯,这是个问题,到明天他的试用期就满了,不过我觉得他合格不了
A: What seems to be the problem?
问题出在哪儿呢?
B: Well, he was supposed to be able to learn his job in 30 days, but he just doesn't seem to know what he's doing.
他应该在30天之内了解,并且熟悉他的工作内容。不过他似乎并不明白他该做些什么。
A: If you gave him another 30 days. Do you think he could figure it out by then?
如果你再给他30天时间,你觉得他能弄清楚吗?
B: To be honest, he has no authority, he's a hard-worker, but no one listens to him.
老实说,他没有威信。他是个勤奋工作的人,但是没有人听他的。
A: I see. Not everyone is cut out to work in management.
我知道了,并不是每个人都能放在管理层工作。
B: I know. It'll be great if we could transfer him to a department where he doesn't have to work with people.
我知道,如果把他调到一个不用跟很多人一起共事的部门去,也许会很好。
A: There's an opening in the creative design department. It involves working with computers.
创意设计部有个职位空缺,只要整天与电脑为伴就行。
B: That's perfect. I'll let him know tomorrow. Thanks.
那太好了,我明天告诉他,谢谢。