(单词翻译:单击)
You're too pessimistic.
你太悲观了。
I disagree with your pessimism.
我不赞成你的悲观态度。
I have lost hope for the result. (not hopeful about)
我对结果不抱希望。
I don't want to be infected with your pessimism.
我不想被你的悲观主义传染。
A: George, you're about to play, do you have cold feet?
乔治,你马上就要上场比赛了,很紧张吗?
B: To be honest, I'm not nervous because I'm not very hopeful about the game.
说实话,我不怎么紧张,因为我对这场比赛并不抱什么希望。
A: Why do you say so? I've never heard you say such pessimistic words.
为什么这么说?我从来没听过你说这么悲观的话。
B: I say for a reason. The player against me is much stronger than I, and I'm really not confident getting the better of him.
我这样说是有原因的。和我对决的那位选手比我强壮多了,我实在没信心打败他。
A: Come on, how can you grow the aspirations of others to outdo yourself. Didn't you beat someone stronger than you before?
拜托,你怎么能长他人志气灭自己威风呢?你以前不是打败过比你强悍的人吗?
B: It's different this time. I'm facing with the boxer called Tyson. So far, he hasn't lost all the cumulative competitions. Isn't it horrible?
这次可不一样,我要面对的是一位叫泰森的拳击手。到目前为止,他在所有的累积赛中还没有输过,是不是很可怕?
A: So what? You have your own strengths. As long as you give the flexible advantages into the play, I'm sure you can make it.
那又怎么样?你也有自己的强项,只要你在比赛中发挥自己灵活的优势,我相信你可以成功的。
B: My advantage can hardly stand a fight before him.
我的优势在它面前简直是不堪一击。
A: Your idea is too pessimistic. Clear it up quickly.
你这个想法太悲观了,赶快把它清理出去。