跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第806期:伦敦的红色巴士
日期:2021-01-14 10:11

(单词翻译:单击)

实用句子

Can you tell me where I can catch the number 8 bus, please?

您能不能告诉我8路车在哪儿?

catch有“赶上”的意思


Hurry up or we'll miss it.

快点,不然我们就赶不上了。

miss表示“未赶上;错过”


We should buy return tickets because they are much cheaper than getting two singles.

我们应该买往返票,这样比两张单程票要便宜。


Conversation


A: So, how should we get to the theater?

咱们怎么去剧院?


B: Let's take the bus.

坐公共汽车吧。


A: I hate the bus system in London. The bus drivers are rude, the buses are never on time, and there are few people around who can help you.

我讨厌伦敦的公交车体系,公共汽车司机总是很无理。而且从来都不按时到达,周围也没有什么人能帮忙。


B: It's not that bad. You probably just had a bad experience once.

没那么糟糕吧,大概你以前有过一次很糟的精力,


A: It wasn't just once. Every single time I take the bus, something bad happens to me or to someone else on the bus.

可不止一次,每次我坐公共汽车总会遇到什么点状况,不是我就是车上的其他人。


B: We could take the subway. But we have to go three stops along the line, and then change trains twice.

那咱们可以去坐地铁,但是得沿着一条线坐三站。然后还得换乘两次。


A: Train fares are twice as expensive as the bus fares, too.

地铁票价可是公共汽车的两倍呢。


B: If we don't hurry up, we'll miss the show. Shall we take the bus?

如果咱们再不抓紧时间,可是误了这场演出了,坐公共汽车怎么样?


A: We are already late, so I think we had better take a taxi.

咱们已经晚了,我想最好还是打辆出租车吧。


B: I don't think we'll be able to find a taxi very easily during the rush hour. Let's just take the bus.

我觉得在交通高峰期,叫出租车不是那么容易的事,还是坐公共汽车吧。


A: Fine. Have a look at the timetable to find out when the next one arrives.

好吧。查看时间表,看看下一班几点到。


B: It looks like it should be here in just a few minutes. Don't worry, nothing bad will happen. I'll even buy your ticket for you.

好像还有几分钟就来了,别担心不会出什么状况的,我还可以替你买票。


A: Thanks. That was nice of you.

谢谢,你真好。

分享到