跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第788期:谈论考试
日期:2020-12-09 09:04

(单词翻译:单击)

实用表达


ace the test 考高分


Look! I aced the test! I'm so happy!


看!我这次考得好极了!我太高兴了!


pass the test 通过考试


I got a B on the test. I passed, but I think I could have done better.


我考试得了B. 我考过了,但是我本应考得更好的!



fail the test 考试挂科了


OMG. I failed the test. My mom's gonna kill me!!


天啊。我这次考试挂科了。我妈妈还不得打死我!


mess up

搞砸

I messed up badly.

我考砸了。


resit

补考

I'll have to resit the exam next term.

我下个学期要重修。


cram

突击准备(考试)

He's been cramming for his exams all night.

他整个晚上都在拼命准备应考。



经典对话


A: You look better today. What did your test go?

你今天看起来好多了,你的测试怎么样?


B: Much better than it did yesterday.

比昨天好多了。


A: Did you pass?

及格了吗?


B: I not only passed my test, but I aced it. I'm so happy.

不仅及格了,而且成绩还特别高,我真高兴。


A: You should be. You worked really hard last night, preparing for it.

应该的,你昨天晚上复习的特别认真。


B: Thanks for helping me with it. If you hadn't encouraged me to do my best, I wouldn't have ever been able to pass.

谢谢你帮我复习,如果不是你鼓励我要全力以赴,我肯定及不了格。


A: You don't have to thank me. It's just a part of my job as your counsellor.

你不用感谢我,作为你的辅导员,这是我工作份内的事。


B: Did you always do well at school?

你上学的时候是不是总是学得很好?


A: No. In fact, I was terrible at taking exams.

不是,实际上,我曾经很害怕考试。


B: Really?

真的吗?


A: Sure. But my teachers always encouraged me to do the best that I could and that helped me a lot. When are your final exams?

没错,不过我的老师总是鼓励我让我尽力而为,这帮了我不少忙。你们的期末考试是什么时候?


B: I'll get my finals in two months.

两个月以后。


A: When do you plan on studying for those exams?

你打算什么时候开始准备这些考试?


B: Most students just cram the night beforehand.

大多数学生都打算在考试前夕突击。


A: Do you think that's a good idea?

你觉得这是个好办法吗?


B: No. I think I should study a little bit at a time, starting a few weeks before the exam.

不是,我想我应该平时每次学一点,考试前再提早几周复习。


A: That sounds like a good idea. What are you going to do if you have any questions while you're studying?

这样听起来还不错。如果学习的时候遇到困难,你会怎么办?


B: I'll go and talk to my professor or a learning support assistant.

我会去找我的教授或者助教咨询。


A: It sounds like you've learned something useful this year.

听起来,你这一年学了不少有用的东西了嘛。

分享到