(单词翻译:单击)
Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air.
想象生命是一场不停丢掷五个球于空中的游戏。
You name them-work, family, health, friends and spirit and you're keeping all of these in the air.
这五个球分别是工作、家庭、健康、朋友和心灵,你很努力地掷着这五个球,不让它们落地。
You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball.
很快你就会了解工作是一个橡皮球,
If you drop it, it will bounce back.
如果你不幸失手落下它,它还会弹回来的。
But the other four balls-family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass.
但是家庭、健康、朋友和心灵这四个球是用玻璃做成的。
If you drop one of these,
一旦你失手落下,
they will be irrevocably scuffed,
它们将无法再像以前那样。
marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered.
它们可能会少了一角,留下无法挽回的记号、刻痕、损坏甚至碎落一地。
They will never be the same.
它们将无法再像以前那样。
You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.
你必须了解这个道理,并且为了平衡你的生命而努力。
How? Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others.
别拿自己和他人比较,这只会降低你的价值。
It is because we are different that each of us is special.
因为我们都是独一无二的,因为我们每一个人都很特别。
Don't set your goals by what other people deem important.
别人认为重要的事不一定是你的目标。
Only you know what is best for you.
只有你自己知道什么是最适合你的。
Don't take for granted the things that are closest to your heart.
不要将贴近你的心的人、事物视为理所当然。
Cling to them as they would be your life,
你必须将他们视为生命一般,
for without them, life is meaningless.
认真对待。因为没有他们,生命将失去意义。
Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.
别让你的生命总是在依恋过去的种种或是在未来的寄望中逝去。
By living your life one day at a time,
如果你活在每个当下,
you live ALL the days of your life.
那就活好你生命中的每一天。
Don't give up when you still have something to give.
当你还能给予的时候就别轻言放弃。
Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
只要你不放弃,就有无限延伸的可能。
Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect.
别害怕承认你并不完美。
It is this fragile thread that binds us each together.
正因如此,我们才得以藉由这犹丝脆弱紧密地绑在一起。
Don't be afraid to encounter risks.
遇到危险时别害怕。
It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
正因如此,我们才得以藉由这些机会学习勇敢。
Don't shut love out of your life by saying it's impossible to find.
另以爱太难寻找作为借口而紧闭你的心扉。
The quickest way to receive love is to give it;
最迅速找到爱的方法就是给予你的爱;
the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly;
最快速失去爱的方法就是紧紧地守着你的爱。
and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
维持爱的最快好方式就是给爱一双翅膀。
Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been,but also where you are going.
不要匆忙地度过你的一生,那匆忙让你忘了曾经到过哪里,也让你忘了你要去哪里。
Don't forget that a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
别忘记,人类情感上最大的需要是感恩。
Don't be afraid to learn.
不要害怕学习。
Knowledge is weightless,
知识没有重量,
a treasure you can always carry easily.
它是可以随身携带的珍宝。
Don't use time or words carelessly.
别漫不经心地蹉跎光阴或口无遮拦。
Neither can be retrieved.
时间与言词两者都是一放就收不回来的。
Life is not a race,
生命不是一场赛跑,
but a journey to be savored each step of the way.
而是一步一个脚印的旅程。
Yesterday is history.
昨天已成历史。
Tomorrow is a mystery.
明天还是未知。
Today is a gift:
而今天则是上天的恩赐
That's why we call it The Present.
因此,我们才称今天为“现在”。