(单词翻译:单击)
正文部分
Understanding Jealousy
理解嫉妒
Most of us have experienced Shakespeare's "green-eyed monster"—jealousy. It is a terrible obsession.
大多数的我们都经历过莎士比亚笔下的“绿眼怪物”——嫉妒 。这是摆脱不了的困扰 。
Often in a crisis we'd like to kill the person who tries to take our lover away.
通常在一场危机中,我们想杀死抢走我们爱人的那个人 。
It is said that 20% to 35% of all murders involve a jealous lover.
据说20%到35%的谋杀和情人的嫉妒有关 。
Just as falling in love seems "natural" and unlearned, so does jealousy.
就像恋爱,嫉妒看上去也是自然的,不学而知的 。
It just comes over us when someone or something (like work, TV, or sports) threatens our love relationship.
当有人或者有事情(比如工作,电视,或者运动)威胁我们恋爱的关系时,嫉妒就会出现 。
There are four stages of jealousy:
嫉妒有四个步骤:
Suspecting the threat: If you are insecure about a love relationship and very dependent on your lover, you are likely to be jealous.
怀疑威胁:如果你对一段恋爱关系没有安全感,并且非常依赖你的爱人,那么你很容易会嫉妒 。
You may see "signs" of disaster when none are there. In reality, 45% of the people in the Psychology.
你可能会觉得感情受到威胁,但是其实根本没有第三者 。事实上,45%的人心理存在这个问题 。
Today survey had cheated on a partner while pretending to be faithful.
当今的调查中可能还存在假装忠诚的伴侣 。
If the threat to our relationship—the competitor—is attractive, intelligent, successful, etc., we will be more threatened and more disturbed.
如果我们的关系中存在威胁——竞争对手是具有吸引力的,聪明的,成功的等等,那么我们将受到更多的威胁和干扰 。
Assessing the threat: We may spy on our lover and the competitor; we probably lie awake nights worrying about the situation and reviewing the signs, "Did she come on to him?" "I wonder if he has talked to her?" "Does he love her?" "Wonder if everybody but me knows about it?"...
评估威胁:我们可以暗中监视我们的爱人和竞争对手;我们很可能彻夜不眠想象不好的场景和回顾不好的迹象,“她和他在一起了吗?”“我想知道他是否在跟她说话?”“他爱上她了吗?”“想知道是不是除了我大家都知道了”……
划红精讲
1. take away 带走,拿走,取走
eg. They're going to take my citizenship away.
他们将夺走我的公民权 。
eg. "Give me the toy," he said softly, "or I'll take it away from you."
“给我玩具,”他轻声说道,“否则我就把它从你身边夺走 。”
2. in reality 实际上;事实上
eg. In reality, your brain operates on the edge of chaos.
在现实中,你的大脑在混乱的边缘运算着 。
eg. The reactionaries are fierce in appearance but feeble in reality.
反动派看起来很强大, 实际上十分虚弱 。
3. cheat on 对……不忠
(1) 不忠实于(配偶或伴侣)[非正式]
eg. I'd found Philippe was cheating on me and I was angry and hurt.
我发现菲利普对我不忠,我很愤怒并且受到了伤害 。
(2) 违背(协议等)[美国英语]
eg. Their job is to check that none of the signatory countries is cheating on the agreement.
他们的工作是检查以确认没有任一签署国违背该协议 。
4. spy on 暗中监视;侦查
eg. I found someone had being spying on me.
我发现有人一直在暗中监视着我 。
eg. The good news is that someone still wants to spy on us.
好消息是依然有国家在暗中监视我们 。