(单词翻译:单击)
Being Young: A State of Mind
保持年轻:一种精神状态
I recently went on a family outing.
我最近参加了一次家庭郊游 。
The kids were running around,
孩子们到处乱跑,
being crazy like kids do,
就像孩子们那样疯狂,
and my wife and I taking care of them.
而我的妻子和我负责照顾他们 。
My mother-in-law also came to have fun and help,
我的婆婆也来参加并且帮助我们,
and believe it or not,
而不管你信不信,
she was the most useful person in the whole group.
在整个团队中她是最有用的人 。
She was running around, having fun, and laughing all day.
她一整天跑来跑去,玩乐,开怀大笑 。
It was great to have such a bright, warm, and loving person around.
有这样一个欢快的、充满热情和爱的人在真是太伟大了 。
Some people worry about getting old.
有些人担心变老 。
They do everything possible to age slowly.
他们尽一切可能慢慢变老 。
I can understand.
我能理解 。
I want to be able to move with speed and strength as long as possible.
我想能够尽可能长时间的保持速度和力量 。
But watching my mother-in-law… my goodness,
但是看我婆婆…我的天,
I hope I have her strength and speed when I’m her age.
我希望自己在她的年龄时有她的力量和速度 。
I hope my mind is as sharp as hers when I’m her age.
我希望自己在她的年龄时心智能像她一样 。
I hope I am warm and giving like she is when I become a grandpa.
我希望自己成为爷爷时就像她一样热情并给予他人 。
What makes us age?
是什么让我们的年龄变大吗?
It seems to me that it’s more than physical.
在我看来,这不仅仅是身体方面 。
I’ve seen people in young bodies that seem VERY ‘old’.
我看到人们年轻的躯体也似乎很“老” 。
They are inactive.
他们很不活跃 。
They seem to be unhappy about life. What’s the secret to staying young?
他们似乎对生活感到不满 。有什么秘诀保持青春吗?
Some people say we get old when we stop learning new things.
有些人说我们年老时就停止学习新事物 。
What do you think?
你是怎么想的?