(单词翻译:单击)
正文部分
Understanding Dreams
解梦
We dream for four hours every night, but may just be able to remember one dream every few days.
每晚,我们有四个小时的时间是在做梦,但是每隔几天我们能记住其中的一个梦 。
It is every person's secret life—and one we typically want to know more about.
它是每个人秘密生活的一部分,对此我们通常想知道更多信息 。
We want to tap into those nighttime fantasies that have us flying, saving the world and dating movie stars.
我们在夜梦中幻想自己飞翔,拯救世界以及和电影明星约会 。
And we'd like to both learn from and escape our nightmare—being chased by wild animals, falling off a cliff or sitting down to an exam we never studied for.
我们也会做让我们想要逃离的噩梦——被野生动物追逐,从悬崖上坠落或者考一场我们完全不会解答的测试 。
Dream researchers find that pain is rarely experienced in dreams.
研究人员发现,梦中很少能体验到疼痛 。
And we do dream in color. But because it's so hard to remember dreams most people forget that fact.
我们会做彩色的梦 。但是因为梦很难记住,所以大多数人会忘记梦的内容 。
70 to 80 percent of a dream's content comes from the previous day, though the elderly often dream of events from their teens and twenties.
70%到80%的梦的内容来源于前一天的生活,尽管老年人常会梦见自己十几岁和二十几岁的事情 。
Women dream of males and females, and their dreams are often focused on relationships.
女性会做和两性相关的梦,主要集中在人际关系这个方面 。
Men's dreams focus more on males, success and failure.
男人做更多和男性、成功和失败有关的梦 。
Today's dream experts agree with Sigmund Freud, who believed that dreams were the subconscious way of communicating with us and that getting to know our dreams was a way to learn about ourselves.
今天的解梦专家赞成西格蒙德·弗洛伊德的理论,认为梦是一种潜意识和我们交流的方式,了解我们的梦是更好认识自己的一种办法 。
For instance, having nightmares means you are psychologically disturbed, suffering from stress, anxiety or depression.
比如,做恶梦意味着你的心理受到打扰,忍受压力、焦虑或者抑郁之苦 。
Nightmares can be stopped. One way to do this is by dealing with the problem.
噩梦是可以停止的 。一种办法是把解决问题 。
划红精讲
1. tap into 挖掘;接进
eg. You need to tap into your limitless river of ideas.
你需要去挖掘思想的河流中的无限创意 。
eg. Research suggests that search engines could tap into users' need to be entertained.
研究者建议,搜索引擎可以挖掘用户想消遣一下的需求 。
eg. Tap into your network of friends and acquaintances.
和你的朋友以及熟人打成一片 。
2. focus on 集中于
(1) 使(光线等)聚焦于
eg. If you focus the sun's rays on dry wood with a burning-glass, it will start burning.
如果你用取火镜使太阳光线在聚焦在干木头上,木头就会燃烧起来 。
(2) 以(某事物)为重点,集中讨论研究
eg. Our meeting focuses on the question of women's right.
我们会议的重点是妇女权利问题 。
3. suffer from
受……的折磨;患……病;因……受到损害(或损失)
eg. How long have you been suffering from a headache?
你头痛有多久了?
eg. Your son suffers from your excessive shielding.
你的过分袒护,反而害了你的儿子 。