(单词翻译:单击)
What's the Rush?
放慢脚步 享受生活
Sometimes I think we need to get off this wild ride—the ride we call life—as we know it.
有时我在想我们需要离开我们称之为生活的东西—我们都了解这一点 。
As the song goes, “slow down, you're moving too fast, you got to make the good times last.”
就如同歌中所唱的:“放慢你的脚步,你太快了,你必须让最好的时光在最后到来 。”
Why have we become addicted to fast, and still it's not good enough?
为什么我们沉迷于快节奏,但仍然觉得不够快?
Computers and gadgets need to be faster and faster.
电脑和各种小东西需要得越来越快 。
Fast food can't get fast enough.
不能再快的快餐 。
I recently went to a wedding, and it was over so quickly.
我最近去参加了一次婚礼,它结束的非常快 。
We don't want to wait for other cars;
我们不想等待其他车辆;
we want the ultimate fast lane, with the ultimate speed.
我们希望终极快车道与终极速度 。
Heck, if we could afford it.
见鬼,如果我们能负担得起的话 。
I'm sure we would take rockets instead of planes.
我确信我们会搭乘火箭,而不是飞机 。
But even that's not fast enough.
但即使是这样还不够快 。
Until the science fictions dream of moving one place to another in a blink of an eye becomes reality, we'll be unhappy.
也许像科幻片那样一眨眼就从一个地方移动到另一个地方变成现实,我们也会不高兴 。
Perhaps speed is not the answer to happiness all the time.
也许速度并不一直是是幸福的答案 。
Once in a while, slowing down is the answer.
有时放慢脚步才是答案 。
At least enjoy the ride we call life.
至少享受下我们称之为生活的这个过程 。
It's not just about getting to the end—the end will come, but enjoying the trip.
这不仅仅是结束—最终都会结束,但享受过程才至关重要 。
That's what I need to do more of.
这就是我还需要做更多的 。
What about you? Even if you win the rat race, you are still a rat!
你呢?即使你赢了激烈的竞争,但你依然是一只老鼠!
Talk about it:
谈论下面的话题:
Are you impatient?
你是一个焦急的人吗?
How often do you eat fast food?
你多久吃一次快餐?
Are you happy with the speed of your computer or your internet connection?
你对电脑的速度或互联网连接满意吗?
Do you wish could slow your life down a little?
你希望你的生活放慢一点吗?
What do you think people who are always in a hurry?
你如何看待总是忙忙碌碌的人?
Do you take time out during the day and try to slow things down?
你在白天会花时间尽量放慢脚步吗?
What can people do to slowing their life down and not be in such a hurry?
人们会做什么来让放慢自己的生活脚步而不是匆匆忙忙?
Do you know what the expression “take time to smell the roses” means?
你知道 “花时间去闻玫瑰的香味” 这个表达是什么意思吗?
Dose this expression apply to your life?
你的生活就是这样一种表达吗?
Are you happy with the current pace of your life?
你满意目前生活的节奏的吗?