(单词翻译:单击)
Staying in touch with old friends
与老朋友们保持联系
I recently met an old friend I hadn’t seen in ages.
我最近见了一位许久没见面的老朋友 。
He said that he had been busy and also didn’t really know to contact me.
他说自己过去一直很忙,也真的不知道与我联系 。
I told him the same.
我告诉我也是一样 。
The truth is, we have a few mutual friends, if we had really wanted to contact each other, we could have.
事实是,我们有一些共同的朋友,如果我们真的想联系对方,我们可以马上联系得到 。
But with busy schedules, and family life--and all sorts of things going on --well, I guess we just lost touch.
但是繁忙的日程安排和家庭生活——及各种各样的事情——嗯,我想我们就失去联系了 。
So, I got to thinking about the people I am in touch with now and those I’d like to contact.
所以,我开始思考我现在联系到的人及我想联系的人 。
I have a lot of friends and acquaintances,
我有很多朋友和老相识,
I used to have many more. Somewhere along the line,
我以前有更多 。但事与愿违,
we just lost contact with each other.
我们刚刚失去了联系 。
I’d like to contact some of my friends from high school.
我想联系一些高中的朋友 。
I’d like to say hello to some of the people I used to know in New York and California,
我想和一些自己曾经在纽约和加利福尼亚州认识的人打个招呼,
I know I could do it.
我知道我能做到 。
It wouldn’t require me to bend over backwards,
它不会让我使出浑身解数,
but I am not sure if I should.
但是我不确定自己是否应该这样做 。
I mean, I have my hands full right now with family and work.
我的意思是,现在的工作和家庭已经让我分身乏术 。
Plus, I have people that I am in contact with now,
另外,我现在也和一些人保持着联系,
and I fell kind of guilty that I am not able to spend more time with them.
有种罪恶感蒙上我的心头,我不可以在他们身上再花更多的时间 。
Who needs more guilt? Not me!
谁需要更多的罪恶?不是我!