(单词翻译:单击)
We were trying to sell our car about a year ago.
一年前,我们曾打算卖了我们的车 。
A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes.
一个哥们来看车,然后在附近开了45分钟 。
We get back to the house, he gets out of the car,
等我们开车回家,他下车后,
reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says, "Damn that's hot!"
把手伸到车下摸排气管道,然后他说:“该死的,真热!”
See, if he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.
看到了吧,如果一开始就知道他说脏话这个特点,我就不会想把车卖给他了 。
I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in may days of adventure.
在乐于冒险的日子里,我学会了开18轮的大卡车 。
Wouldn't you know, I misjudged the height of a bridge.
你可能不知道,我低估了一座桥的高度 。
The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out, no matter how I tried.
结果卡车被卡住了,无论如何尝试,我都无能为力 。
I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report.
通过无线电我向当地警察寻求帮助,最终警察来了,对此事做了记录 。
He went through his basic questioning ... okay ... no problem.
他和往常一样,例行公事地问话,……好的……没问题 。
I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign... until he asked,
我本以为他很清楚那里缺个路牌……直到他问:
"So, is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him,
“那么,是你的卡车被卡住了吗?”我愤怒极了,看了着他,
looked back at the bridge and then back to him and said,
回头望了眼那座桥,然后走到他跟前说:
"No, I'm delivering a bridge..." Here's your sign.
“不,是桥被卡住了……”这是警察记录员心不在焉的标志 。
I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said.
一天晚上,我工作到很晚,我的一位同事看着我然后说:
"Are you till here?" I replied, "No. I left about 10 minites ago." Here's your sign.
“你还在这儿呢?”我回答,“不,我十分钟前就走了 。”看来,睁眼说瞎话也成了一种习惯 。