(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
-Jenkins: Who's the girl? Pretty!
那姑娘是谁?很漂亮!
-Lightman: You're a distraction.
你让他分神了。
-Torres: I had to ask Loker a question, and you've got me reading all this fan mail.
我要问Loker一个问题,不是你让我一封封地看粉丝信嘛。
-Lightman: And what, so you're above that now, is that it?
怎么,还不屑看了?
-Torres: No, no, it's just that you squaring off with a master liar are kind of once-in-a-lifetime.
不,不,我是说,面对这么个说谎专家硬碰硬的机会只有一次。
-Lightman: Oh, and you think you'll learn something?
哦,你觉得你会学到东西是吧?
A woman gets raped, she gets blinded, but at least you've been afforded an education, is that it?
一个女人被强奸,被弄瞎了,而你却至少还能从中学到东西,不是吗?
-Torres: Or maybe you just don't want me to see that you're struggling.
或许你是不想让我看到你拿他没办法的样子。
-Lightman: Oh, that's an interesting theory. But incorrect.
哦,这倒是个不错的理论。可惜不对。
And that fan mail you're so disdainful of—well, the guy we're looking for is in there somewhere.
而我们要找的人,就隐藏在为你所不齿的粉丝的信里。
And that's a fact, that’s not a theory, so go find him.
这是事实,而不是个理论,赶紧查出来。
-Jenkins: "Or maybe you just don't want me to see that you're struggling."
“或许你是不想让我看到你拿他没办法的样子。”
She's very perceptive, you’re little... protégé.
她很有洞察力,你有点儿...自我保护意识强烈。
影视精讲
词语解释
square off: (打斗等时)摆好架势
master: 主要的,主人的【精通的】
kind of: 有点儿
once in a lifetime: 千载难逢
语意表达: 摆好打斗的架势;准备迎战 If one group or person squares off against or with another, they prepare to fight them.
指点迷津: square off是固定词组,(打斗等时)摆好架势之意
句型操练: The Los Angeles Lakers and the Chicago Bulls square off for the first game of the series.
洛杉矶湖人队和芝加哥公牛队摆好了架势,准备进行总决赛的第一场对决。
句型出处:It's just that you squaring off with a master liar are kind of once-in-a-lifetime.
面对这么个说谎专家硬碰硬的机会只有一次。
语意表达:提供,供应得起,给予Somebody afford something.
指点迷津:afford一般是用于时间或金钱上支付得起,也有提供之意
句型操练:I can't afford a holiday this summer.
今年夏天我无法度假。
My parents can't even afford a new refrigerator...
我父母甚至买不起一台新冰箱。
This affords us the opportunity to ask questions about how the systems might change...
这给我们提供了就系统可能如何改变进行提问的机会。
句型出处:But at least you've been afforded an education, is that it?
而你却至少还能从中学到东西,不是吗?
考考你:
Lightman遇到了一个强劲对手,Torres认为他对别人火气那么大是因为他自己在使尽浑身解数挣扎,真的是这样吗?那么谁会笑到最后呢?
有关与对手过招的英语句子你知道哪些呢?一起来补充吧。
强中自有强中手,莫在人前自夸口。
Among the strong there is always a stronger; so don't brag about yourself before others.
Great minds think alike.
英雄所见略同。
He laughs best who laughs last.
谁笑到最后,谁笑得最好。
He who does not advance loses ground.
逆水行舟,不进则退。