《别对我撒谎》视听精讲第121期: 你知道如何对律师说谎吗?
日期:2012-10-31 09:25

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Hi. uh, let's not spend too much time on this. We're being sued.
各位 闲话少说 我们被起诉了
Some of you worked on the Joseph Hollin case.
你们当中有人参与了约瑟芬·荷林斯的案子
He was the banker whose daughter ran a ponzi scheme with his investors' money.
他是个银行家 他女儿骗取了大量投资者的资金
They're suing everybody that was involved in the failed attempt to recover his assets, and that includes us.
由于未能恢复他的财产 投资者把参与案子的所有人都告上了法庭 包括我们
So, our lawyer is going to want to talk to you individually.
我们的律师会和各位逐一谈话
The damages could run into hundreds of millions, which I don't happen to have,
损失可能高达数亿 而我并没有这么多钱
So do your best to answer the questions as truthfully as possible. All right?
所以请各位尽量据实回答律师的问题 好吗
Hey, hey, hey, hey hey. come here. come here. come here.
过来 过来 过来
You know how to lie to the lawyer, right?
你知道该怎么对律师撒谎吧
What do you mean?
什么意思
Don't answer too quickly. Short response time, that's a dead giveaway.
不要过快作答 回答太快就会露馅
And, uh, remember something that you got wrong. Correct yourself.
记住一些你犯的错 纠正自己
Don't look him in the eye too much. Include irrelevant details.
不要过多盯着他眼睛 透露不相干的细节
And if you feel nervous, take a couple of these.
如果感觉紧张 就吃几片这个
Muscle relaxants?
肌肉松弛剂
Lawyer should be pretty easy to beat, but you never know if Lightman's going to look at the tape.
律师很好对付 不过如果莱特曼看录像就不好办了
I-I-I cannot believe you are asking me to cover for you, Loker.
没想到你竟然要我帮你隐瞒 洛克尔
You're the one who blew the Hollin case. You lied about it. You're the reason we're being sued.
是你搞砸了荷林斯的案子 你撒了谎 害我们被起诉
It's not just about me.
不只是关系到我
If what I did gets out, Lightman is in serious trouble.
如果我败露了 莱特曼就会有大麻烦
The investors will bankrupt him, and they'll turn this place into a day spa.
投资者们会搞得他破产 他们还会把这里变成水疗馆
So I shouldn't lie to save your ass. I should lie to save the company.
那我应该不是为了帮你才说谎 应该为挽救公司去说谎
Sarcasm aside, yes.
虽然你在讽刺我 但是没错
You haven't been lying long enough for you to be any good at it.
你都瞒这么久了还没有学会怎么撒谎吗

重点讲解
一.spend time:花时间;消磨时间
e.g.:At this stage in your life you can spend time on yourself without all the guilt.
在你生命的这个时间里,你可以花时间做自己的事而不必有罪恶感。
二.work on:影响,对…起作用;继续工作;从事于…;设法说服
e.g.:He is the only one qualified to work on his code.
他是唯一那个有资格改动他自己代码的人。
三.be involved in:包括……中,被卷入……中;涉及到……
e.g.:As you read through each one, try to focus on the processes and people that will be involved in bringing your vision to reality.
在阅读每一项技能的过程中,尽量集中于将您的远景变为现实所涉及到的流程和人员。
四.run into:遭遇,陷入;撞上,撞到;偶然遇见
e.g.:Although we have not yet run into poachers, it must be only a matter of time until we do.
虽然我们没有撞上偷猎者,但我们知道这起屠杀应当是在我们到达之前不太久的时间内发生的。
五.ask sb to do:让某人做…
e.g.:Dad asked me to wash the dishes after dinner. (ask sb. to do sth. )
爸爸叫我吃完饭后洗碗。
六.get out:离开,出去;泄露;出版
e.g.:I have to go and work, I must get out my next speech.
我必须回去工作了,我一定要准备好我的下一个发言稿。
七.turn into:变成;进入
e.g.:They turn into this street.
他们也转到这条街上。
八.be good at:擅长做…
e.g.:This card might be good at some point.
这张牌在某些情况下可能很好。

剧情介绍:
你会为了隐瞒自己的谎言而不惜拖朋友下水让他为你隐瞒真相吗?真正的朋友在自己犯了错的时候,是会闭口不言还是找人倾诉?你会为了朋友两肋插刀不惜丢掉珍贵的工作,亲人甚至爱人吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • responsen. 回答,响应,反应,答复 n. [宗]答复语,
  • schemen. 方案,计划,阴谋 v. 计画,设计,体系,结构,图
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • irrelevantadj. 不恰当的,无关系的,不相干的
  • sarcasmn. 挖苦,讽刺
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • guiltn. 罪行,内疚
  • qualifiedadj. 有资格的,有限制的
  • bankruptadj. 破产的,贫穷的,道德败坏的,枯竭的 n. 破产
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,