(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Jenkins: What’s on your mind?
你在想什么?
Lightman: Nothing.
没啥。
Jenkins: Holcombe on. Ask.
哦,来吧。问吧。
Lightman: I don't get it. I mean, I don’t, I…I…I don't get it. Why’d you have to blind them? A bit excessive, you know?
我不明白。我是说,我...我不明白你干嘛要弄瞎她们?有点多余,知道吗?
Jenkins: Holcombe on, that’s an easy one. No eyes, they can't identify me after.
哦,拜托,多简单的道理。没有眼睛,她们就不能指认我了。
Lightman: How'd you get caught, then?
那你怎么被抓住了?
Jenkins: Busted tail light. I had a girl in the trunk. Almost talked my way out of it, even with her screaming back there.
汽车尾灯坏了。后备箱里装个了姑娘。即使她在后面尖叫,我也几乎开脱了。
Lightman: You…you're that good, are you?
你...你很擅长此道,对吧?
Jenkins: Yeah. But you aren't.
是啊。但你不是。
Lightman: Excuse me?
什么意思?
Jenkins: Different costume, same game.
换汤不换药啊。
Lightman: Now you've lost me.
我很迷惑。
Jenkins: Who are you?’ Cause you're not a cop killer.
你是谁?你不是警察杀手。
Lightman: That's what I keep telling my lawyer.
我也一直这么和我律师讲。
Jenkins: No. You’re a fraud. Who sent you in here? Special Agent Reynolds?
不对。你是个骗子。谁派你来的?特别探员Reynolds?
Reynolds: Haddam it!
哦,,可恶!
Staff: Alert the guards in the laundry. We got a situation.
提醒洗衣房的守卫。有情况。
Lightman's supposed to be reading Jenkins. It looks like it's the other way around to me.
本该是Lightman去解读Jenkins的。看起来却恰恰相反。
Foster: I I've never seen anyone read Lightman who hasn't had deception training. I I don't know what happened.
我还从没见过未经鉴谎训练的人能看透Lightman。我...我不知道怎么回事。
Lightman: Well, it was worth a shot. Cal Lightman. How do you do?
哦,至少值得一试。
Cal Lightman。
你好。
Jenkins: And you want to know what I know about my friend, the copycat.
你想知道关于我的朋友,那个模仿犯。
Lightman: Yeah, something like that, yeah.
我都了解些什么,是的,诸如此类。
Jenkins: How come nobody's tried to bribe me?
怎么没人想要贿赂我一下呢?
Lightman: What would it take?
用什么贿赂?
We’re all good. It’s very civil.
我们都很好。很安全。
Reynolds: Right.
是啊。
影视精讲
词语解释
get caught: 遭逮捕
in: <俚>蹲监狱
damn it: <俚>该死
worth a shot: 值得一试
语意表达:某人应该做某事Somebody be supposed to do something.
指点迷津:to的主语是人时,意为应该做某事,它可以用来表示劝告、建议、义务、责任等,相当于情态动词should。be supposed to的否定结构为be not supposed to,它常用于口语中,意为不“被许可;不应当”。
句型操练:Teachers are supposed to treat all the students alike. 老师应该对所有的学生一视同仁。
句型出处:Lightman's supposed to be reading Jenkins. 本该是Lightman去解读Jenkins的
语意表达:倒过来,相反地the other way around
指点迷津:the other way around一般作副词用,意为与料想的相反。
句型操练:But it works the other way around too.但是反过来也一样。
句型出处:It looks like it's the other way around to me. 看起来却恰恰相反。
语意表达:口语表达“为何会、怎么” how come+主语+动词+宾语
指点迷津: how come在某种程度上可以用“why+倒装句”代替。
句型操练: How come I wasn't told? 我怎么没有听说?
句型出处:How come nobody's tried to bribe me? 怎么没人想要贿赂我一下呢?
考考你:道高一尺,魔高一丈。本是佛家告诫信徒勿受外界诱惑之语。意谓正气难以修得,而邪气却容易高过正气,后比喻为正义而奋斗,必定会受到反动势力的巨大压力。剧中识谎专家Lightman貌似被罪犯Jenkins识破了,这委实有点不可思议,难道真的是道高一尺魔高一丈?
好吧,你知道“道高一尺魔高一丈”这句话用英语怎么说吗?
相关描述前进中遇到的困难的英语还有:
Life is not all roses.
人生并不是康庄大道。
Man proposes, God disposes.
谋事在人,成事在天。
One false move may lose the game.
一着不慎,满盘皆输。