《别对我撒谎》视听精讲第127期:事实与谎言,良心与义气
日期:2012-11-12 11:48

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Ria, a paralegal's looking for you.
莉亚 有个助理律师找你
I think the lawyer wants to talk to you.
看来是律师要找你谈
Now? Yeah, I guess so.
现在吗 我想是
I will just be a minute.
只耽误你一点时间
Oh, I'm Wexler, by the way. Martin Wexler.
我叫韦克斯勒 马丁·韦克斯勒
Hi. Do you need to swear me in before we start?
你好 要我先宣誓吗
No, no. This, uh, this isn't a formal deposition.
不必 不算正式的作证
Okay. Uh, will there be one later?
好 这之后会正式作证吗
Not necessarily.
不一定
Depends on what you say.
取决于你的证词
Do you have a problem with that?
有问题吗
No, no.
没有
Are you sure about that? Yeah.
你确定吗 确定
Listen... Ria. I'm just here for the facts.
莉亚 听我说 我要的是真相
You give me the truth, we're good.
你讲实话 什么事都没有
If you don't, we're not.
如果撒谎 就有事了
It's really that simple.
就这么简单
Do you understand?
懂了吗
There's no problem.
没问题

重点讲解
一.look for:寻找
e.g.:So where should we look for happiness?
那么,我们应该去哪里寻找幸福?
二.talk to sb:责备;与…谈话(= talk with sb.)
e.g.:If you want us to talk to you, tell us something.
如果你们想要同我们谈话,告诉我们一些事情吧。
三.I guess so. 我想是的。
当你想表示你认为某人的想法是对的的时候,除了I think so.之外,还可以多一个选择,就是I guess so.
四.depends on:取决于;依赖于
e.g.:It all depends on how you define it.
这取决于您如何对它进行定义。
五.There's no problem. 没问题。
There's no problem.也就是我们常说的No problem.的完整说法,在正式场合用来表示对问题的肯定。

剧情介绍:
当你不知道自己是否要说出真相的时候,内心是不是也会有很大的焦虑?你会把这种焦虑体现在脸上或是日常的行为上吗?面对律师的提问,Ria是该说出事实,还是帮朋友隐瞒真相?

分享到
重点单词
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • depositionn. 沉积物,沉积作用,免职,[律]宣誓作证,证言
  • definev. 定义,解释,限定,规定