《别对我撒谎》视听精讲第120期: 为朋友掩盖谎言背后的真相
日期:2012-10-26 11:55

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I was really hoping there would be some clarity by this morning.
我以为今早就能有些头绪
We're still trying to figure out what these men are telling us.
我们还在试图搞清楚他们俩传达出的信息
Kuransky looks like he's lying. But he's also highly emotional. I've seen fear, anxiety, some paranoia.
库里安斯基看起来像是在撒谎 但他又很情绪化 可以看出恐惧 焦虑还有些偏执
Which means...?
说明什么
He could be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
他可能得了创伤后应激障碍
You want to tell me how? Because he didn't fire his gun.
你能解释一下吗 因为他并没有开枪
It can be brought on by repeated exposure to violent events.
也可能是由于持续接触暴力事件所引起
If he's been a cop for over ten years, I mean, he's seen a lot.
他已经当差十多年 他见多了这种场面
Okay, so if he's got PTSD, does that mean he's not lying?
如果他有这种症状 能说明他没有说谎吗
Nope. We need to establish a baseline.
不能 我们要设立一个基准线
I want to see what these guys look like when they're not stressed.
我要看他们不紧张的时候是什么样的表情
I want to see their service records, and I want video of them interviewing suspects.
我要看他们的工作档案 还要一份他们审讯疑犯的录像
I don't have time for a psychological study. What I needed was an answer. Thanks for your help.
我可没时间让你们做心理研究 我要的是结果 多些你们的帮助
I heard there was another anti-police demonstration in the eighth ward.
我听说又出现反警察示威游行 在八区
How many arrested? Eighteen.
逮捕了多少人 18个人
How many ended up in hospital? Four.
多少人受伤入院 四个人
All right. You give us what we want, we'll get you the truth.
好吧 你帮我们 我们就还你真相
It's the only way to stop more people getting hurt, right? Fine.
这样才能避免更多人受伤 对吗 好吧
Look, there's a simple answer. Duke is telling the truth. Kid pulled a gun on him.
答案很简单 杜克说的是实话 那孩子拿枪对着他
Kuransky's lying to back up his partner.
库里安斯基为了帮同伴而撒谎
No. That doesn't explain why Kuransky is so agitated.
不 还是无法说明库里安斯基为何如此焦虑
There's something else going on with him.
他还是有所隐瞒

重点讲解
一.figure out:解决;算出;想出;理解;断定
e.g.:Then figure out one practical solution you can take for each of those pieces.
接着想出一个实用性的方法用于解决每一小部分的问题。
二.suffer from :忍受,遭受;患…病;受…之苦
e.g.:Those with a lot of movement in the joint may suffer from b arches when they walk due to this foot architecture.
因为这样的足部结构,所以,当人们走路的时候会因这个关节的大量活动而忍受足弓部的疼痛。
三.bring on:导致;引起;使…发展
e.g.:So should we bring on the crazy in 2012?
因此,我们应该在2012年带来的疯狂?
四.get hurt:受伤
e.g.:But how do children really get hurt or killed?
但最容易使孩子受伤害的是什么呢?
五.back up:v. 支持,援助;(资料)备份;倒退;裱
e.g.:You should back up your data often.
你应该经常备份你的数据。
六.go on with:继续;进行;暂时使用
e.g.:Tell him to go on with his work.
告诉他继续做他的工作。

剧情介绍:
为了帮朋友隐瞒不可告人的秘密,你会选择沉默还是说谎?这样看起来似乎Kuransky并不是个坏警察,只是为了帮自己的同伴Duke隐瞒一些事情才不得已说了假话。可是他的焦虑又是从何而来的呢?

分享到
重点单词
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • clarityn. 清楚,透明
  • exposuren. 面临(困难),显露,暴露,揭露,曝光
  • wardn. 守卫,监护,受监护人,病房,行政区 vt. 守护,
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • stressn. 紧张,压力 v. 强调,着重 vt. 强调 n.
  • agitatedadj. 激动不安的,焦虑的 动词agitate的过去式
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • disordern. 杂乱,混乱 vt. 扰乱
  • paranoian. 偏执狂,妄想狂