《别对我撒谎》视听精讲第124期:"我是卧底"总是最好的理由
日期:2012-11-07 14:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Dr. Lightman, you were given access to top secret material when you were consulting with CIA.
莱特曼博士 你在中情局当顾问时曾接触过绝密资料
So I'm going to trust you with some information that you shouldn't have.
所以这些情报透露给你我也放心
Sit down. You know special agent Kuransky?
请坐 你认识库里安斯基探员吗
Ah, you see, I knew there was something wrong with you.
我早就知道你有点不对劲
Kuransky is one of several special agents undercover in the metro police department.
库里安斯基是安插在警局的卧底探员之一
Why? We believe a small group of terrorists have infiltrated law enforcement in DC.
为什么 我们认为一小股恐怖势力已渗透到华府的执法部门
There's a network of sleepers, individuals linked to al qaeda inside the police force, who are helping to plan a strike.
警察系统内有个间谍网络 每个间谍独立跟基地组织联系 我们准备实施打击行动
Adam Duke is a member of this network.
亚当·杜克就是该网络的成员之一
His real name is Adamat Duka. He's Albanian by birth.
他的真名是阿德曼特·杜卡 出生在阿尔巴尼亚
And as you may know, al qaeda is believed to funnel money through groups in Macedonia and Albania.
你也知道 基地组织通过在马其顿和阿尔巴尼亚境内的分支聚集资金
He says he changed his name to break with his family, but that's not true.
他说他改名是为了断绝与其家人的关系 但事实并非如此
He's still in contact with relatives back home.
他与家人仍保持联系
We estimate three to five sleepers like Duke are inside the police force.
我们估计警察队伍里有三到五名像杜克这样的间谍
That's why he hasn't been arrested yet.
所以才没有逮捕他
We want Duke to identify the others.
我们想通过杜克找出其他人
I've been partnered with Duke for 16 months.
我跟杜克搭档了16个月
I am inside his head. I will get those names.
对他了如指掌 我会弄到名单

重点讲解
一.access to:接近;有权使用;通向…的入口
e.g.:Regardless of where we are and what we are doing, we want access to our data.
不管我们身在何处、在做什么,我们都想要访问到我们的数据。
二.something wrong with:…出了毛病;…有问题;…不对头
e.g.:Is there something wrong with your eye?
你的眼睛有什么问题吗?
三.break with:结束;与…绝交,和…断绝关系;和…决裂
e.g.:To change the system, Mr Jonathan would have to break with his backers.
如果要进行体制改革,乔纳森总统必将和他的支持者决裂。
四.in contact with:接触;与…有联系
e.g.:But his personality was to bully and terrorize anyone he came in contact with.
但是他这个人的个性就是欺侮和恐吓他接触到的任何人。
五.I am inside his head. 我对他了如指掌。
注意,inside his head直译的意思是“在他的脑子里”,这显然并不成立,这是一件多么恐怖的事情。可如果换一种想法,当你觉得自己可以进入一个人的大脑的时候,是不是意味着他想什么你都知道了呢?也就是你对他已经了如指掌了。

剧情介绍:
似乎联邦调查局已经为说谎的探员找到了合理的开脱理由——卧底。恐怕再也没有比这更好的说谎借口了,那就是为了某个行为而不得不牺牲自己。可真相真的是这样吗?这不是联邦调查局又一次的护内行为吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • identifyvt. 识别,认明,鉴定 vi. 认同,感同身受
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆
  • bullyn. 欺凌弱小者,土霸,开球 vt. 威胁,恐吓,欺负
  • striken. 罢工,打击,殴打 v. 打,撞,罢工,划燃