(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Dumbledore now became very interested in a bird out on the windowsill,
说到这里,邓布利多假装对窗外的一只小鸟发生了浓厚的兴趣,
which gave Harry time to dry his eyes on the sheet.
哈利便趁这个时间用床单把眼泪擦干。
When he had found his voice again, Harry said,
当声音重又恢复正常时,哈利说道:
"And the invisibility cloak - do you know who sent it to me?"
“还有那件隐形衣——您知道是淮送给我的吗?”
"Ah - your father happened to leave it in my possession,
“呵——你父亲碰巧把它留给了我,
and I thought you might like it." Dumbledore's eyes twinkled.
而我认为你大概会喜欢它。”邓布利多眼睛里闪着狡黠的光芒。“
"Useful things...
很有用的东西……
your father used it mainly for sneaking off to the kitchens to steal food when he was here."
当年,你父亲在这里上学的时候,主要是靠它溜进厨房偷东西吃。”
"And there's something else..."
“还有另外一件事……”
"Fire away."
“尽管问吧。”
"Quirrell said Snape —"
“奇洛说斯内普他——”
"Professor Snape, Harry."
“是斯内普教授,哈利。”
"Yes, him — Quirrell said he hates me because he hated my father.
“是的,是他——奇洛说,斯内普教授恨我是因为他当年恨我父亲。
Is that true?"
这是真的吗?”
"Well, they did rather detest each other.
“是这样,他们确实互相看着不顺眼。
Not unlike yourself and Mr. Malfoy.
很有点像你和马尔福先生。

And then, your father did something Snape could never forgive."
后来,你父亲做了一件斯内普永远无法原谅他的事。”
"What?"
“什么事?”
"He saved his life."
“他救了斯内普的命。”
"What?"
“什么?”
"Yes..." said Dumbledore dreamily.
“是的……”邓布利多幽幽地说,“
"Funny, the way people's minds work, isn't it?
人的思想确实非常奇妙,是吗?
Professor Snape couldn't bear being in your father's debt....
斯内普教授无法忍受这样欠着你父亲的人情……
I do believe he worked so hard to protect you this year
我相信,他这一年之所以想方设法地保护你,
because he felt that would make him and your father even.
是因为他觉得这样就能使他和你父亲扯平,谁也不欠谁的。
Then he could go back to hating your father's memory in peace...."
然后他就可以心安理得地重温对你父亲的仇恨……”
重点讲解
重点讲解
sneak off
溜;开小差
How did he sneak off in the middle of the meeting without being noticed?
他是如何在会议中途偷偷溜走而未被人发现呢 ?
fire away
连续射击;<非正>开始; 热烈地谈;发问
We are all ready to listen to you, so fire away!
我们都准备好听你说, 快讲吧!
in peace
平安地;安静地
You'll be able to read in peace.
你就能安心地读书了。
哈利波特与魔法石
死亡
西弗勒斯·斯内普(Snape)和食死徒亚克斯利得到哈利·波特打算离开德思礼(Dursley)家的日期。而伏地魔借用了卢修斯(德拉科·马尔福的父亲)的魔杖,因为他自己的魔杖与哈利的魔杖是孪生的。伏地魔打算在哈利搬到安全地点的路上把哈利杀掉,而且当时哈利超过17岁。亚克斯利说哈利会在30号,17岁生日时离开,而斯内普认为哈利应该会早一星期出发。而后,哈利的魔杖自己采取了防卫措施,打败了伏地魔手中的卢修斯的魔杖。伏地魔仍然认为是自己的魔杖不够强,于是开始寻找传说中最强的一根魔杖——接骨木魔杖(死亡圣器之一)。
