带你步入魔法世界:《哈利·波特与魔法石》赏析(257)
日期:2013-03-27 09:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

But Neville was clearly steeling himself to do something desperate.
可是纳威这次像是铁了心,不顾一切地要阻拦他们。

"I won't let you do it," he said, hurrying to stand in front of the portrait hole. "I'll — I'll fight you!"
“我不让你们这样做。”他说着,赶过去挡在肖像洞口前面,“我要——我要跟你们较量一下!”

"Neville, "Ron exploded, "get away from that hole and don't be an idiot —"
“纳威,”罗恩勃然大怒,“快从那洞口闪开,别做一个白痴——”

"Don't you call me an idiot!" said Neville. I don't think you should be breaking any more rules! And you were the one who told me to stand up to people!"
“不许你叫我白痴!”纳威说,“我认为你们不应该再违反校规了!而且当初是你们鼓励我勇敢地反抗别人的!”

"Yes, but not to us," said Ron in exasperation. "Neville, you don't know what you're doing."
“没错,但不是反抗我们呀。”罗恩气急败坏地说,“纳威,你根本不知道你在做什么。”

He took a step forward and Neville dropped Trevor the toad, who leapt out of sight.
他向前跨上了一步,纳威扔掉手里的癞蛤蟆菜福,那小东西三跳两跳就不见了。

"Go on then, try and hit me!" said Neville, raising his fists. "I'm ready!"
“来吧,过来打我呀!”纳威举起两只拳头,说道,“我准备好了!”

Harry turned to Hermione. "Do something," he said desperately.
哈利转向赫敏。“想想办法吧。”他焦急地说。

Hermione stepped forward. "Neville," she said, "I'm really, really sorry about this." She raised her wand.
赫敏走上前来。“纳威,”她说,“这么做我真是非常非常的抱歉。”她举起魔杖。

"Petrificus Totalus!" she cried, pointing it at Neville.
“统统——石化!”她把魔杖对准纳威,大喊一声。

Neville's arms snapped to his sides. His legs sprang together. His whole body rigid, he swayed where he stood and then fell flat on his face, stiff as a board.
纳威的手臂啪地贴在身体两侧,双腿立正,站得笔直。他的整个身体变得僵硬了,在原地摇摆了几下,便扑通一声扑倒在地,看上去像木板一样硬邦邦的。

Hermione ran to turn him over. Neville's jaws were jammed together so he couldn't speak. Only his eyes were moving, looking at them in horror.
赫敏跑过去把他翻转过来。纳威的上下牙床锁在一起,说不出话来。只有他的眼珠在转动,惊恐地望着他们。

"What've you done to him?" Harry whispered.
“你把他怎么了?”哈利小声问道。

"It's the full Body-Bind," said Hermione miserably. "Oh, Neville, I'm so sorry."
“这是全身束缚咒。”赫敏难过地说,“哦,纳威,我真是太抱歉了。”

"We had to, Neville, no time to explain," said Harry.
“我们必须这么做,纳威,没时间解释了”,哈利说。

"You'll understand later, Neville," said Ron as they stepped over him and pulled on the invisibility cloak.
“你以后会明白的,纳威。”罗恩说,然后他们从纳威身上跨过去,穿上了隐形衣。

But leaving Neville lying motionless on the floor didn't feel like a very good omen. In their nervous state, every statue's shadow looked like Filch, every distant breath of wind sounded like Peeves swooping down on them.
可是,撇下纳威动弹不得地躺在地板上,他们总觉得这不是一个好兆头。在情绪高度紧张的情况下,阴影里的每一座雕塑都像是费尔奇的身影,而远处传来的每一丝风声,听上去都像是皮皮鬼在朝他们猛扑过来。

重点讲解

重点讲解

hurry to do
匆忙去做某事
In his hurry to leave, he forgot his passport.
他急急忙忙动身的时候忘了带护照。
对比:in hurry to do sth. 匆忙去做某事,in hurry doing sth. 忙于做某事(正在)

stand up to
抵抗,勇敢地面对
His opponent couldn't stand up to his varied and fast-changing tactics.
他球路多变,令对手防不胜防。
My mother was very weak; she could not stand up to this cold weather.
我母亲身体很弱,经受不住这种寒冷的天气。

人物介绍

纳威·隆巴顿:

尽管纳威外表反应迟钝,但内心刚强,随着他逐渐长大这一点也越发明显。他是邓布利多军的一员,在哈利的指导下他进步很快,也参加了魔法部一役,虽然他起的作用有限。

纳威唯一擅长的是草药课。他的魔药十分糟糕,他还常常被斯内普教授冷嘲热讽的威吓。当黑魔法防御术教授卢平问他最害怕什么人的时候,他低声说是斯内普教授。斯内普杀死邓布利多后逃出学校也许会令纳威对自己的学业更有信心,当然这个前提是霍格沃兹不被关闭。纳威对折磨也表现出相当强的忍耐性,而这个决心将令他在来年战胜更大的阻碍。

分享到
重点单词
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • stiffadj. 硬的,僵直的,生硬的,拘谨的,不灵活的 adv
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • portraitn. 肖像,画像 adj. (文件页面)竖的
  • opponentn. 对手,敌手,反对者 adj. 敌对的,反对的
  • shadown. 阴影,影子,荫,阴暗,暗处 vt. 投阴影于,跟踪
  • rigidadj. 僵硬的,刻板的,严格的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • motionlessadj. 不动的,静止的
  • exasperationn. 恼怒,激怒