(单词翻译:单击)
原文赏析“Hey, Mom, guess what? Guess who we just met on the train?”
"妈,猜猜我们刚刚在车上遇见谁了?"
Harry leaned back quickly so they couldn't see him looking.
哈利连忙往后靠,以免被他们母子几个人看见。
“You know that black-haired boy who was near us in the station? Know who he is?”
"你认识和我们一起在车站的那个黑发少年吗?你知道他是谁吗?"
“Who?”
"谁呀?"
“Harry Potter!”
"哈利·波特?"
Harry heard the little girl's voice.
哈利听到的是那个小女孩的声音。

“Oh, Mom, can I go on the train and see him, Mom, eh please…”
"妈,我能上车去看看他吗?妈,求求你让我去吗……"
“You've already seen him, Ginny, and the poor boy isn't something you goggle at in a zoo. Is he really, Fred? How do you know?”
"你不是已经见过他了吗,金妮。那可怜的孩子可不是你在动物园里看到的动物呀。哎,弗来德,你怎么知道他就是哈里。波特的?"
“Asked him. Saw his scar. It's really there — like lightning.”
"我亲口问过他,亲眼见过他的伤痕像闪电一样,他真的就在那儿。"
“Poor dear — no wonder he was alone, I wondered. He was ever so polite when he asked how to get onto the platform.”
"可怜的宝贝。我猜他一定是一个人上路的。当他询问如何才能找到站台时是多么的彬彬有礼啊。"
“Never mind that, do you think he remembers what You-Know-Who looks like?”
"别光注意那些。你觉得他还记得'那个人'是怎样的吗?"
Their mother suddenly became very stern.
母亲一下子变得严肃起来。
“I forbid you to ask him, Fred. No, don't you dare. As though he needs reminding of that on his first day at school.”
"我不准你问他这个,弗来德,就算他上学第一天需要提醒,你也不问他。"
“All right, keep your hair on.”
"好,我不问就是了,可别发火了,妈。"
A whistle sounded.
此时传来一声哨响。
“Hurry up!” their mother said, and the three boys clambered onto the train. They leaned out of the window for her to kiss them good-bye, and their younger sister began to cry.
"快上车!"母亲说。三个孩子赶忙从窗口爬上了车。他们从窗户探出头来让母亲好吻别他们,他们的妹妹已经伤心落泪了。
“Don't, Ginny, we'll send you loads of owls.”
"金妮,别哭,我们会送你好多好多的猫头鹰的。"
“We'll send you a Hogwarts' toilet seat.”
"没错,我们还会寄个霍格瓦彻便盆给你!"
“George!”
"乔治,你怎么说这些乱七八糟的东西?"
“Only joking, Mom.”
"妈,我不过是开开玩笑罢了,可别当真。"
The train began to move. Harry saw the boys’ mother waving and their sister, half laughing, half crying, running to keep up with the train until it gathered too much speed, then she fell back and waved.
列车缓缓启动了,哈利看到那几个孩子的母亲在向他们挥手告别,而他们的妹妹,眼泪涟涟的脸上带着欢笑,飞跑着想跟上正在加速的列车,直到跟不上了,但她仍一个劲地挥手告别。
重点讲解No wonder... 难怪……
[句型解析]
“no wonder...”意思是“难怪;不足为怪”,当我们弄清楚了某件事的原由,便不会对此感到奇怪,经常会来一句“难怪……”,后加“that”从句,“that”也可省略。“Small wonder...”“Little wonder...”表达的也是相似的意思。
[实例]
1. You eat so little. No wonder you are so slim.
你吃得这么少,难怪这么瘦。
2. Are you a librarian? No wonder you are so well read.
你是图书管理员?难怪这么博学。
3. There is something wrong with your leg? No wonder you walk so slowly.
你的腿出问题了?难怪你走得这么慢。
keep your hair on 你冷静一下
“冷静”的表达:
keep one's shirt/wig/hair on
Keep your shirt on. He didn't mean to offend you. That's just the way he talks.
冷静一下,他不是有意冒犯你的,他一直都是这样的说话方式. ( ╮(╯▽╰)╭ 有的人确实就是这样滴...林子大了...咳咳...)
接下去的两个就是 Keep your wig on! / Keep your hair on! 一样的架构. 直接这样用就行了,造句的话:
I hope you'll keep your hair on with me for the things I am gonna talk. 接下去我要说的内容希望你能够冷静不要对我发火。
keep up with 后面一般接名词
1. 跟上
They walked so fast that I could not keep up with them.
他们走得那么快,我没法跟上。
2. 和...保持联系
She has kept up with some of her friends since her retirement.
她退休后一直同一些朋友保持着联系。
