(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
"Well... Voldemort said that he only killed my mother because she tried to stop him from killing me.
“是这样……伏地魔说他当年杀死我母亲,是因为我母亲拼命地阻止他杀死我。
But why would he want to kill me in the first place?"
可是,话说回来,他为什么想要杀死我呢?”
Dumbledore sighed very deeply this time.
邓布利多这次重重地叹了口气。
"Alas, the first thing you ask me, I cannot tell you. Not today.
“哎呀,你问我的第一件事,我就不能够告诉你。
Not now. You will know, one day... put it from your mind for now, Harry.
今天不能,现在不能。总有一天,你会知道的……暂时先别想这件事吧,哈利。
When you are older... I know you hate to hear this...
等你再长大一些……我知道你不愿意听这个话……
when you are ready, you will know."
等你做好了准备,你自然就会知道了。”
And Harry knew it would be no good to argue.
哈利明白再多说也没有用。
"But why couldn't Quirrell touch me?"
“那么,为什么奇洛不能碰我?”
"Your mother died to save you.
“你母亲是为了救你而死的。

If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love.
如果伏地魔有什么事弄不明白,那就是爱。
He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark.
他没有意识到,像你母亲对你那样强烈的爱,是会在你身上留下自己的印记的。
Not a scar, no visible sign...
不是伤疤,不是看得见的痕迹……
to have been loved so deeply,
被一个人这样深深地爱过,
even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.
尽管那个爱我们的人已经死了,也会给我们留下一个永远的护身符。
It is in your very skin.
它就藏在你的皮肤里。
Quirrell, full of hatred, greed, and ambition, sharing his soul with Voldemort,could not touch you for this reason.
正是由于这个原因,奇洛不能碰你。奇洛内心充满仇恨、贪婪和野心,把灵魂出卖给了伏地魔,
It was agony to touch a person marked by something so good."
他碰了一个身上标有这么美好印记的人,是会感到痛苦难忍的。”
重点讲解
重点讲解
even though
即使;纵然;即令
Even though we split up she was blooming marvellous.
虽然我们分手了,但她确实很了不起。
for this reason
以此;为此
It is for this reason that television proves such a boon to so many people.
就是因为这个原因,电视才会给这么多人带来如此大的便利。
agony
极大的痛苦;苦恼
He staggered around the playground, screaming in agony.
他绕着运动场跌跌撞撞地走着,并且痛苦地大叫。
哈利波特与魔法石
谋杀校长
谋杀阿不思·邓布利多(1997)由于神秘事务司之战没有拿到预言球,伏地魔迁怒于卢修斯·马尔福,作为报复,他命令卢修斯的儿子德拉科·马尔福设法杀死其劲敌邓布利多。则伏地魔率领食死徒们策反了摄魂怪,并积极联合魔法界其他势力,力图与正义的力量进行决斗。德拉科设法将一小撮食死徒偷运进了霍格沃茨,并困住了受重伤的邓布利多。虽然德拉科没有杀人的胆量,但西弗勒斯·斯内普下手杀死了邓布利多(事后表明邓布利多的死是邓布利多与斯内普事先策划好的)。
