(单词翻译:单击)
原文赏析Harry watched the girl and her mother disappear as the train rounded the corner. Houses flashed past the window. Harry felt a great leap of excitement. He didn't know what he was going to — but it had to be better than what he was leaving behind.
当列车转弯时,哈利清晰地看到那位母亲和妹妹脸上失望的表情。铁道两旁的一排排房子从车窗外飞快地闪过,这令哈利感到无比兴奋。他并不知道接下来会遇到些什么,但他明白未来一定会比过去更美好。
The door of the compartment slid open and the youngest redheaded boy came in.
最年幼的那个红发男孩推开哈利的包厢门,走了进来。
“Anyone sitting there?” he asked, pointing at the seat opposite Harry. “Everywhere else is full.”
"这儿有人吗?"他指着哈利对面的座位说,"其他地方都坐满了人。"

Harry shook his head and the boy sat down. He glanced at Harry and then looked quickly out of the window, pretending he hadn't looked. Harry saw he still had a black mark on his nose.
哈利摇了摇头。那孩子于是便坐了下来。他瞥了哈利一眼,然后又迅速将目光移至车窗外,装出一副若无其事的样子。哈利看到了他鼻子上仍有一块黑斑。
“Hey, Ron.”
"嘿,罗恩。"
The twins were back.
那对孪生兄弟回来了。
“Listen, we're going down the middle of the train — Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there.”
"告诉你,我们现在就到火车中部去——那儿的李。乔丹有一只大毒蜘蛛。"
“Right,” mumbled Ron.
"嗯,是的。"罗恩嘟哝道。
“Harry,” said the other twin, “did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley. And this is Ron, our brother. See you later, then.”
"哈利,我们做个自我介绍好吗?我是弗来德。威斯里,他是乔治。威斯里,这是罗思,我们的弟弟。我们待会儿见。"
“Bye,” said Harry and Ron. The twins slid the compartment door shut behind them.
哈利与罗恩和他们道别之后,孪生兄弟俩关上车厢门回去了。
“Are you really Harry Potter?” Ron blurted out.
"你真的是哈利·波特吗?"罗恩不加思索地问道。
Harry nodded.
哈利点点头。
“Oh — well, I thought it might be one of Fred and George's jokes,” said Ron. “And have you really got — you know…”He pointed at Harry's forehead.
"噢,真是这样。我开始还以为是弗来德和乔治跟我开玩笑呢。"罗恩说,"你真的有那个……"说着,用手指住哈利的前额。
Harry pulled back his bangs to show the lightning scar. Ron stared.
哈利拨开遮住前额的发梢,露出额头中央那闪电状的疤痕。罗恩目不转睛地看着。
重点讲解
感官动词 see, watch, observe, notice, look at, hear, listen to, smell, taste, feel + do表示动作的完整性,+doing 表示动作的进行性。例如:
I saw him work in the garden yesterday. 昨天我看见他在花园里干活了。(强调"我看见了"这个事实)
I saw him working in the garden yesterday.(强调"我见他正干活"这个动作)昨天我见他正在花园里干活。
find 也是如此
这些词加doing 或 do 主要是看要强调的是某个动作发生的事实还是 强调发生的过程
blurt out 脱口说出;说漏嘴;不假思索说出
Peter blurted out the news.
彼得不慎说出了秘密。
He blurted out the bad news before I can stop him.
我还没来得及阻止他,他已冲口说出了这个坏消息。
Folks that blurt out just what they think wouldn't be so bad if they thought.
一想到什么就马上脱口而出的人们,倘使经过思量之后再讲的话,就可能没那么差劲了。
pull back 向后拉,拉回;撤退
I pulled back the bench to help the old man sit on it.
我把长凳往后拉,帮助老人坐下。
The army pulled back after the battle.
部队在结束战斗以後撤走了。
