带你步入魔法世界:《哈利·波特与魔法石》赏析(275)
日期:2016-05-27 10:16

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Harry struggled against the ropes binding him, but they didn't give.

哈利拼命想挣脱束缚他的那些绳索,却被越缠越紧。

He had to keep Quirrell from giving his whole attention to the mirror.

他必须阻止奇洛把全部注意力都集中到魔镜上。

"But Snape always seemed to hate me so much."

“可是斯内普总是显得那么恨我。”

"Oh, he does," said Quirrell casually,

“哦,他确实恨你,”奇洛漫不经心地说,

"heavens, yes. He was at Hogwarts with your father, didn't you know? They loathed each other. But he never wanted you dead."

“天哪,他当然恨你。当年他和你父亲一起在霍格沃茨念书,这你不知道吧?他们俩互相仇恨,不共戴天。不过他可从来不希望你死掉。”

"But I heard you a few days ago, sobbing — I thought Snape was threatening you...."

“可是几天前我听见你在哭——我以为斯内普在威胁你……”

For the first time, a spasm of fear flitted across Quirrell's face.

奇洛的脸上第一次闪过一丝恐惧的震颤。

"Sometimes," he said,

“有的时候,”他说,

"I find it hard to follow my master's instructions — he is a great wizard and I am weak —"

“我觉得很难遵从我主人的指令——他是个伟大的巫师,而我的力量这样微弱——”

"You mean he was there in the classroom with you?" Harry gasped.

“难道你是说,当时和你一起在教室里的是他?”哈利吃惊地问。

"He is with me wherever I go," said Quirrell quietly.

“不论我走到哪里,他都跟我在一起,”奇洛平静地说道,

"I met him when I traveled around the world.

“我是在环游世界时遇到他的。

A foolish young man I was then, full of ridiculous ideas about good and evil.

我当时还是一个傻乎乎的小伙子,对善恶是非有着一套荒唐的想法。

Lord Voldemort showed me how wrong I was.

是伏地魔指出了我的错误。

There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it....

世界上没有什么善恶是非,只有权力,还有那些无法获取权势的无能之辈……

Since then, I have served him faithfully, although I have let him down many times.

从那以后,我就忠心耿耿地为他效劳,不过我也有许多次令他失望过。

He has had to be very hard on me."

他对我一直非常严厉。”

Quirrell shivered suddenly.

奇洛突然颤抖了一下。

"He does not forgive mistakes easily.

“他从不轻易原谅我的错误。

When I failed to steal the stone from Gringotts, he was most displeased.

当我没能把魔法石从古灵阁偷出来时,他非常不高兴。

He punished me... decided he would have to keep a closer watch on me...."

他惩罚了我……并决定从此更加密切地监视我。”

重点讲解

重点讲解

keep a closer watch on
密切注意

Environmental protection authorities required monitoring stations to keep a closer watch on radiation data and report every three hours, instead of twice a day.

环保部门要求监测站每隔三个小时而非一天两次对核数据进行更加严密的监控。


人物介绍

汤姆0.jpg

密室事件:

据说,当初萨拉查·斯莱特林秘密建造的密室是为了清除不配在霍格沃茨就学的麻瓜子女。汤姆·里德尔花费了整整五年的时间,终于打开了密室。他用自己的天赋——蛇佬腔控制着密室的怪物——蛇怪,指使蛇怪攻击了几个学生,桃金娘被杀害。

后来,学校的董事会决定关闭学校。为了能够在学校继续学习,里德尔不得不关闭了密室。他有预谋地嫁祸给了鲁伯·海格,海格因此被开除,里德尔因告发海格而获得学校特殊贡献奖,但并未正式颁发。但汤姆·里德尔不想就此封存密室。于是他用自己的日记制造了一个魂器,保存他十六岁的记忆与形象,以便下次开启。

分享到
重点单词
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • threateningadj. 威胁(性)的,凶兆的 动词threaten的现
  • radiationn. 辐射,放射线
  • displeasedadj. 不快的;生气的 v. 使…不快(displea
  • protectionn. 保护,防卫