(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
"But what can we —" Hermione gasped. Harry and Ron wheeled round.
“可是我们能有什么——”赫敏猛地吸了一口冷气。哈利和罗恩转过身来。
Snape was standing there. "Good afternoon," he said smoothly.
斯内普站在那里。“下午好。”他用圆滑的口吻说。
They stared at him.
他们呆呆地盯着他。
"You shouldn't be inside on a day like this," he said, with an odd, twisted smile.
“在这样的天气,你们不应该待在屋里。”他说,脸上肌肉扭曲,露出一个古怪的笑容。
"We were —" Harry began, without any idea what he was going to say.
“我们刚才在——”哈利说,其实他也不知道自己要说什么。
"You want to be more careful," said Snape. "Hanging around like this, people will think you're up to something. And Gryffindor really can't afford to lose any more points, can it?"
“你们需要小心一些,”斯内普说,“像这样到处乱逛,别人会以为你们想干什么坏事呢。格兰芬多可经不起再丢分了,是吗?”
Harry flushed. They turned to go outside, but Snape called them back.
哈利脸红了。他们转身朝外面走,可是斯内普又把他们叫了回去。
"Be warned, Potter — any more nighttime wanderings and I will personally make sure you are expelled. Good day to you."
“顺便提醒你一句,波特——如果你再在半夜三更到处乱逛,我要亲自把你开除。祝你愉快。”
He strode off in the direction of the staffroom.
他大步朝着教工休息室的方向走去。
重点讲解
重点讲解
stare at
凝视,盯住
It is bad manners to stare at people.
瞪着眼睛看人是不礼貌的。
be up to
胜任,从事,忙于
My passive vocabulary in Spanish would not be up to the task.
我的西班牙词汇不够用,因此难以胜任。
What kin they be up to?
他们到这能打什么坏主意呢?
strode off
大步走开
He strode off in anger.
他气冲冲地大步离去。
人物介绍

阿不思·邓布利多:
霍格伍兹校长,又高又瘦,巫师气质突出,有飘逸的银白色(年轻时是赤褐色)长发和胡子(有几英尺长,可以束进腰带),长长的鹰钩鼻,被其弟弟阿不福思打断,半月形眼镜,锐利而明亮的湛蓝色眼睛,极具穿透性(像X光,也许是因为会摄神取念)。手指修长,说话时经常把十个指尖对在一起,左膝盖上有疤痕,是一副完整的伦敦地铁图。写得一手细长的,向一边倾斜,圈圈套圈圈的字。 用左手拿魔杖。
