乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第552期:他的iPod里面有什么歌(1)
日期:2019-09-17 11:55

(单词翻译:单击)

On His iPod
他的iPod里面有什么歌?

As the iPod phenomenon grew, it spawned a question that was asked of presidential candidates, B-list celebrities,
随着iPod现象越来越热,从总统候选人、二线明星、
first dates, the queen of England, and just about anyone else with white earbuds: "What's on your iPod?"
到初次约会的人、英国女王,只要是戴着白色耳机的人,见面时都会被问到这样一个问题:“你的iPod里面有什么歌?”
The parlor game took off when Elisabeth Bumiller wrote a piece in the New York Times in early 2005
这个热门话题开始于《纽约时报》记者伊丽莎白·布米勒在2005年初写的一篇文章,
dissecting the answer that President George W. Bush gave when she asked him that question.
文章是分析时任美国总统的乔治·W·布什在被问到这个问题时的回答。
"Bush's iPod is heavy on traditional country singers," she reported.
她写道:“布什的iPod里面大部分都是传统的乡村音乐。
"He has selections by Van Morrison, whose 'Brown Eyed Girl' is a Bush favorite, and by John Fogerty, most predictably 'Centerfield.'"
其中包括范·莫里森,他的那首《棕色眼睛的女孩》是布什的最爱;还有约翰·弗格迪那首主打曲《中外场》。”

他的iPod里面有什么歌

She got a Rolling Stone editor, Joe Levy, to analyze the selection,
她还找来《滚石》杂志的编辑斯蒂芬·列维分析布什的歌单,
and he commented, "One thing that's interesting is that the president likes artists who don't like him."
列维评论道:“有趣的地方在于总统喜欢的歌手都不喜欢他。”
"Simply handing over your iPod to a friend, your blind date,
“只要把你的iPod交给一个朋友、你初次约会的人,
or the total stranger sitting next to you on the plane opens you up like a book," Steven Levy wrote in The Perfect Thing.
或者是飞机上那个坐在你身旁的陌生人,你就像一本书一样被打开了。”史蒂文·列维在《完美之物》一书中写道。
"All somebody needs to do is scroll through your library on that click wheel, and, musically speaking, you're naked.
所有人只需要用转盘浏览一遍你的歌曲库,从音乐角度上说,你就一丝不挂了。
It's not just what you like -- it's who you are."
暴露的不仅仅是你的喜好--而是你是一个怎样的人。
So one day, when we were sitting in his living room listening to music, I asked Jobs to let me see his.
所以,有一天,当我和乔布斯坐在他家的客厅里听音乐时,我让乔布斯给我看看他的iPod。
As we sat there, he flicked through his favorite songs.
他给了我一部他在2004年装满了音乐的iPod。

分享到