乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第473期:从iCEO到CEO(2)
日期:2018-12-10 10:12

(单词翻译:单击)

Woolard was thrilled, and he suggested that the board was willing to give him a massive stock grant.
伍拉德非常兴奋,他表示董事会愿意给他巨额股份。
"Let me be straight with you," Jobs replied.
“我直截了当地和你说吧,”乔布斯告诉他,
"What I'd rather have is an airplane. We just had a third kid.
“我更想要一架私人飞机。我刚刚有了第三个孩子。
I don't like flying commercial. I like to take my family to Hawaii.
我不喜欢搭商业航班。我只是想带全家去夏威夷度假。
When I go east, I'd like to have pilots I know."
当我去东海岸的时候,我更愿意让我认识的飞行员开飞机。”
He was never the type of person who could display grace and patience in a commercial airplane or terminal, even before the days of the TSA.
他是一个对商业航班和航站楼毫无好感和耐心的人,即便是被美国运输安全管理局(TSA)接管之前也是一样。
Board member Larry Ellison, whose plane Jobs sometimes used (Apple paid $102,000 to Ellison in 1999 for Jobs's use of it), had no qualms.
董事会成员拉里·埃利森爽快地答应了乔布斯的要求(乔布斯用过几次他的飞机,为此苹果公司在1999年向埃利森支付了10.2万美元)。

双语有声读物 乔布斯传

"Given what he's accomplished, we should give him five airplanes!" Ellison argued.
埃利森还说:“看在他作出那么多贡献的份上,给他5架飞机都不为过!”
He later said, "It was the perfect thank-you gift for Steve, who had saved Apple and gotten nothing in return."
他后来又说:“这是一个完美的‘致谢礼物’,他拯救了苹果,却不求回报。”
So Woolard happily granted Jobs's wish, with a Gulfstream V, and also offered him fourteen million stock options.
所以,伍拉德愉快地答应了乔布斯的要求,一架湾流V型飞机,此外还赠与他1400万份期权。
Jobs gave an unexpected response. He wanted more: twenty million options.
但是乔布斯的回应出乎所有人的意料。他想要更多:“2000万份。”
Woolard was baffled and upset. The board had authority from the stockholders to give out only fourteen million.
伍拉德既困惑又生气。董事会只有权从股东那里分出1400万份期权。
"You said you didn't want any, and we gave you a plane, which you did want," Woolard said.
伍拉德说:“你说你不要别的,我们给了你一架飞机,你说你只要飞机。”
"I hadn't been insisting on options before," Jobs replied,
乔布斯回答:“我从来没有在期权的问题上坚持过,
"but you suggested it could be up to 5% of the company in options, and that's what I now want."
但是你曾建议说,我最多能拿到公司5%的期权,这就是我现在想要的。”

分享到
重点单词
  • stockn. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜 adj
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • massiveadj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的
  • terminaln. 终端机,终点,终点站,末端 adj. 末端的,终点
  • responsen. 回答,响应,反应,答复 n. [宗]答复语,
  • accomplishedadj. 娴熟的,有造诣的,完成的,有成就的,毫无疑问的
  • qualmsn. 良心之谴责;不安
  • gracen. 优美,优雅,恩惠 vt. 使荣耀,使优美
  • patiencen. 耐心,忍耐,毅力 n. 单人玩的牌戏
  • commercialadj. 商业的 n. 商业广告