乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第304期:劳伦·鲍威尔(6)
日期:2017-07-13 10:58

(单词翻译:单击)

Jobs did not emerge until after noon.
乔布斯直到午后才从卧室出来。
"Kat, can you come here for a minute?" he asked. They all gathered in the bedroom.
“凯特,你能来一下吗?”他问。他们都聚到卧室里。
"As you know, Laurene's father passed away, and Laurene's mother isn't here,
“你知道,劳伦的爸爸已经去世了,劳伦的妈妈也不在这儿,
and since you're her best friend, I'm going to ask you the question," he said.
既然你是她最好的朋友,我就来问你吧。”他说,
"I'd like to marry Laurene. Will you give your blessing?
“我想娶劳伦。你会祝福我们吗?”
Smith clambered onto the bed and thought about it. "Is this okay with you?" she asked Powell.
史密斯趴到床上认真地想了想。“你愿意吗?”她问鲍威尔。
When she nodded yes, Smith announced, "Well, there's your answer."
她点头同意了。史密斯宣布,“好吧,你得到答案了。”

乔布斯传

It was not, however, a definitive answer.
然而,这并不是一个肯定的回答。
Jobs had a way of focusing on something with insane intensity for a while and then, abruptly, turning away his gaze.
乔布斯有个特点,他会在一段时间对某件事特别专注,然后突然之间,又去关注其他事情。
At work, he would focus on what he wanted to, when he wanted to,
在工作上,他会在想做的时候专注于想做的事情,
and on other matters he would be unresponsive, no matter how hard people tried to get him to engage.
对其他事他就没反应了,全然不管其他人多么努力地想让他参与进来。
In his personal life, he was the same way.
在他的个人生活中,也是如此。
At times he and Powell would indulge in public displays of affection
有时他和鲍威尔会在公开场合尽情表现他们之间的感情,
that were so intense they embarrassed everyone in their presence, including Kat Smith and Powell's mother.
让在场的每个人都觉得尴尬,甚至包括凯特·史密斯和鲍威尔的妈妈。

分享到