乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第468期:高领衫和团队合作(3)
日期:2018-11-26 10:45

(单词翻译:单击)

This approach also applied to key hires.
这一政策也应用到了重要职位的招聘上。
He would have candidates meet the top leaders -- Cook, Tevanian, Schiller, Rubinstein, Ive
他会安排候选人直接面见公司的主要负责人--库克、泰瓦尼安、席勒、鲁宾斯坦,还有艾弗,
rather than just the managers of the department where they wanted to work.
而不是只见一下部门经理。
"Then we all get together without the person and talk about whether they'll fit in," Jobs said.
“然后我们就会一起讨论他们能不能入选。”乔布斯说。
His goal was to be vigilant against "the bozo explosion" that leads to a company's being larded with second-rate talent.
他这样做的目的是避免“笨蛋大爆炸”,免得公司上下充斥着二流人才。
For most things in life, the range between best and average is 30% or so.
在生活中,大多数情况下,“最佳”和“一般”之间大约相差30%。
The best airplane flight, the best meal, they may be 30% better than your average one.
无论是品质一流的飞机还是最棒的美食,它们也只是比平均水准高30%。

双语有声读物 乔布斯传

What I saw with Woz was somebody who was fifty times better than the average engineer.
但是当我见到沃兹尼亚克时,我认为他比普通工程师要优秀50倍。
He could have meetings in his head.
很多要开会解决的事在他的脑子里就能完成了。
The Mac team was an attempt to build a whole team like that, A players.
麦金塔团队就致力于成为一个全部是他这样的一流选手的团队。
People said they wouldn't get along, they'd hate working with each other.
人们总是说他们和别人合不来,他们不喜欢团队合作。
But I realized that A players like to work with A players, they just didn't like working with C players.
但是我发现,一流选手喜欢和一流选手共事,他们只是不喜欢和三流选手在一起罢了。
At Pixar, it was a whole company of A players.
在皮克斯公司,整个公司的人都是一波选手。
When I got back to Apple, that' s what I decided to try to do.
当我回到苹果,我决定也这么试一下。
You need to have a collaborative hiring process.
首先就需要一个协作式的招聘过程。
When we hire someone, even if they're going to be in marketing, I will have them talk to the design folks and the engineers.
当我们招聘时,即使那个人是要去营销部门的,我也会让他和设计部的人以及工程师们聊聊。
My role model was J. Robert Oppenheimer.
我一直把罗伯特·奥本海默视为榜样。
I read about the type of people he sought for the atom bomb project.
我知道他在建立原子弹项目小组时的招聘要求。
I wasn't nearly as good as he was, but that's what I aspired to do.
我没有他那么优秀,但这是我渴望达到的目标。

分享到