乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第249期:NeXT发布会(3)
日期:2017-02-06 14:02

(单词翻译:单击)

The NeXT software and hardware were designed, he said, after three years of consulting with universities across the country.
乔布斯说,在经过3年对全国高校的咨询后,公司设计出了NeXT软件和硬件。
"What we realized was that higher ed wants a personal mainframe." As usual there were superlatives.
“我们意识到,高等教育行业的人需要的是个人大型主机。”同以往一样,他的演讲有些溢美之词。
The product was "incredible," he said, "the best thing we could have imagined."
乔布斯说,该产品“令人难以置信”,是“我们所能想象的最好产品”。
He praised the beauty of even the parts unseen.
他甚至称赞机器内部看不到的部件也工艺完美。

乔布斯传

Balancing on his fingertips the foot-square circuit board that would be nestled in the foot-cube box, he enthused,
他用手指托着一个1平方英尺见方的电路板,这个电路板将放在NeXT1英尺见方的机箱中。他热情地说道:
"I hope you get a chance to look at this a little later.
“我希望你们一会儿能有机会看看这个东西。
It's the most beautiful printed circuit board I've ever seen in my life."
这是我一生中见过的最漂亮的印刷电路板。”
He then showed how the computer could play speeches
乔布斯接着展示了这台电脑播放讲话的功能,
he featured King's "I Have a Dream" and Kennedy's "Ask Not"--and send email with audio attachments.
他播放了马丁·路德·金的《我有一个梦想》和肯尼迪的《不要问》,以及发送加载音频附件的邮件的功能。
He leaned into the microphone on the computer to record one of his own.
他俯下身,对着电脑的麦克风,录下了自己的声音。
"Hi, this is Steve, sending a message on a pretty historic day."
“嗨,我是史蒂夫,在这个极富历史性的一天,我发出了这条消息。”
Then he asked those in the audience to add "a round of applause" to the message, and they did.
然后,他叫观众给这个消息加上“一片掌声”,观众们照做了。

分享到