乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第363期:向库比蒂诺蹒跚前进(10)
日期:2018-01-02 11:17

(单词翻译:单击)

Finally, on the day that he was scheduled to make the big announcement, Amelio called Jobs in. He needed an answer.
最后,在要作出这个重大宣布的当天,阿梅里奥把乔布斯请到了办公室。他需要一个答复。
"Steve, do you just want to take your money and leave?" Amelio asked.
“史蒂夫,你是想拿了钱就走人吗?”阿梅里奥问,
"It's okay if that's what you want." Jobs did not answer; he just stared.
“如果那是你想要的,也没问题。”乔布斯没有回答,他只是看着阿梅里奥。
"Do you want to be on the payroll? An advisor?" Again Jobs stayed silent.
“你想成为正式员工吗?还是做一个顾问?”乔布斯还是一言不发。
Amelio went out and grabbed Jobs's lawyer, Larry Sonsini, and asked what he thought Jobs wanted.
阿梅里奥出去找到乔布斯的律师拉里·松西尼,问他乔布斯到底想要什么。
"Beats me," Sonsini said. So Amelio went back behind closed doors with Jobs and gave it one more try.
“我也不知道。”松西尼说。阿梅里奥回到办公室,关上门,又试了一次:

双语有声读物 乔布斯传

"Steve, what's on your mind? What are you feeling? Please, I need a decision now."
“史蒂夫,你在想什么?你有什么感觉?拜托,我现在需要一个决定。”
"I didn't get any sleep last night," Jobs replied. "Why? What's the problem?"
“我昨晚一夜没睡。”乔布斯回答。“为什么?出了什么事?”
"I was thinking about all the things that need to be done and about the deal we're making, and it's all running together for me.
“我在思考所有要做的事情,还有我们这个交易,都压在了一起。
I'm really tired now and not thinking clearly. I just don't want to be asked any more questions."
我现在真的很累,想不清楚。我就是不想再被问任何问题了。”
Amelio said that wasn't possible. He needed to say something.
阿梅里奧说那不可能。他总得说点儿什么。
Finally Jobs answered, "Look, if you have to tell them something, just say advisor to the chairman."
最后,乔布斯回答说,“好吧,如果你必须要对外说点儿什么,就说是董事会主席的顾问吧。”
And that is what Amelio did.
阿梅里奥照做了。
The announcement was made that evening -- December 20, 1996 -- in front of 250 cheering employees at Apple headquarters.
当晚--1996年12月20日--在苹果总部250名欢呼的员工面前,阿梅里奥宣布了这个消息。

分享到
重点单词
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • announcementn. 通知,发表,宣布