乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第382期:阿梅里奥出局(3)
日期:2018-03-05 16:00

(单词翻译:单击)

First, he called Jobs. The board was going to fire Amelio, he said, and it wanted Jobs to come back as CEO.
他首先给乔布斯打了电话,告诉他董事会将解雇阿梅里奥,并希望乔布斯回来担任CEO。
Jobs had been aggressive in deriding Amelio and pushing his own ideas about where to take Apple.
乔布斯虽然一直百般嘲弄阿梅里奥,并在苹果的发展方向这个问题上努力推行自己的想法,
But suddenly, when offered the cup, he became coy. "I will help," he replied.
但是当这个职位摆在眼前时,他突然吞吞吐吐起来。“我会帮忙的。”他回答说。
"As CEO?" Woolard asked. Jobs said no.
“作为CEO?”伍拉德问。乔布斯说不是。
Woolard pushed hard for him to become at least the acting CEO. Again Jobs demurred.
伍拉德力劝他至少担任执行CEO。乔布斯又拒绝了。
"I will be an advisor," he said. "Unpaid."
“我会当顾问,”他说,“不拿工资。”

双语有声读物 乔布斯传

He also agreed to become a board member -- that was something he had yearned for—but declined to be the board chairman.
他还同意成为董事会成员--这是他曾经渴望的--但是婉拒了做董事会主席的要求。
"That's all I can give now," he said.
“现在我只能给这么多。”他说。
After rumors began circulating, he emailed a memo to Pixar employees assuring them that he was not abandoning them.
他给皮克斯员工通过邮件发了一份备忘录,安慰他们说他没有拋弃他们。
"I got a call from Apple's board of directors three weeks ago asking me to return to Apple as their CEO," he wrote.
“3周前我接到苹果董会的电话,让我回苹果去做CEO,”他写道,
"I declined. They then asked me to become chairman, and I again declined.
“我拒绝了。然后他们又让我做主席,我也拒绝了。
So don't worry -- the crazy rumors are just that. I have no plans to leave Pixar. You're stuck with me."
所以别担心--那些疯狂的谣言只是谣言。我没有离开皮克斯的计划。你们甩不掉我。”

分享到
重点单词
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • aggressiveadj. 侵略的,有进取心的,好斗的
  • coyadj. 腼腆的,怕羞的,羞怯的 vi. 态度娇羞