乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第147期:蜜月(2)
日期:2016-03-21 14:37

(单词翻译:单击)

Jobs confided in Sculley that he believed he would die young,
乔布斯向斯卡利坦言,他认为自己年轻的时候就会死去,
and therefore he needed to accomplish things quickly so that he would make his mark on Silicon Valley history.
因此他需要尽快取得成就,在硅谷的历史中留下自己的名字。
"We all have a short period of time on this earth,"
“我们在地球的时间都很短,”
he told the Sculleys as they sat around the table that morning.
那天早上围坐在桌旁的时候,乔布斯告诉斯卡利,
"We probably only have the opportunity to do a few things really great and do them well.
“我们或许只有机会做几件真正伟大的事情,并把它们做好。
None of us has any idea how long we're going to be here, nor do I,
我们谁也不知道自己能活多长时间,我也不知道,
but my feeling is I've got to accomplish a lot of these things while I'm young."
但是我感觉必须趁着自己年轻,多取得一些成就。”
Jobs and Sculley would talk dozens of times a day in the early months of their relationship.
在他们建立友情的最初几个月里,乔布斯和斯卡利每天都会聊很多次。

双语有声读物 乔布斯传

"Steve and I became soul mates, near constant companions," Sculley said.
“史蒂夫和我成了知己,就像永远的伴侣一样,”斯卡利说道,
"We tended to speak in half sentences and phrases."
“我们倾向于只说半句话或半个短语就够了。”
Jobs flattered Sculley.
乔布斯不断地讨好斯卡利。
When he dropped by to hash something out, he would say something like "You're the only one who will understand."
他每次造访斯卡利跟他探讨一些问题时都会说“你是唯一能理解的人”。
They would tell each other repeatedly, indeed so often that it should have been worrying,
他们反复告诉对方在一起共同工作多么快乐,
how happy they were to be with each other and working in tandem.
事实上他们这些话说得太频繁了,频繁得甚至令人担心。
And at every opportunity Sculley would find similarities with Jobs and point them out:
一有机会斯卡利就会寻找自己和乔布斯的相似之处并指出来:
We could complete each other's sentences because we were on the same wavelength.
我们志趣相投,因此能够说出对方没说完的话。
Steve would rouse me from sleep at 2 a.m. with a phone call to chat about an idea that suddenly crossed his mind.
史蒂夫会在凌晨两点钟打电话叫醒我,和我聊他突然想到的一个点子。
"Hi! It's me," he'd harmlessly say to the dazed listener, totally unaware of the time.
“嗨!是我。”他会这样对一个迷迷糊糊的听话人说他毫无恶意,只是完全没有意识到当时是几点。
I curiously had done the same in my Pepsi days.
很奇怪,我以前在百事的时候也干过这种事。
Steve would rip apart a presentation he had to give the next morning, throwing out slides and text.
史蒂夫会把他第二天早上要作的一个演示拆得七零八落,删除一些幻灯片和文字。
So had I as I struggled to turn public speaking into an important management tool during my early days at Pepsi.
而我早年在百事的时候也这么做过,试着将公众演讲变成一个重要的管理工具。
As a young executive, I was always impatient to get things done and often felt I could do them better myself.
作为一名年轻的主管,我总是急不可耐地要把事情做完,并且常常觉得要是自己来做肯定比别人做得好。
So did Steve. Sometimes I felt as if I was watching Steve playing me in a movie.
史蒂夫同样如此。有时候我感觉自已在看一部电影,而史蒂夫在片中扮演的就是我。
The similarities were uncanny, and they were behind the amazing symbiosis we developed.
我们俩异乎寻常地相似,这推动着我们之间那种令人惊叹的合作关系不断发展。

分享到
重点单词
  • impatientadj. 不耐烦的,急躁的
  • listenern. 听者,听众
  • rousev. 唤醒,鼓舞,激起 n. 觉醒,奋起
  • unawareadj. 没有发觉的,不知道的
  • presentationn. 陈述,介绍,赠与 n. [美]讲课,报告
  • accomplishvt. 完成
  • constantadj. 经常的,不变的 n. 常数,恒量
  • executiveadj. 行政的,决策的,经营的,[计算机]执行指令 n
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为