视听英剧《唐顿庄园》学口语第141期:孤独的下人
日期:2014-10-21 18:22

(单词翻译:单击)

视听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,台词讲解为可可编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花出自《唐顿庄园》第一季第四集。

影视片花

中英对白

You shouldn't have eaten with us.

你不应与我们共餐

The chauffeur always eats in his own cottage.

司机都在车库里吃

Steady on. You can cut him a bit of slack on his second day.

算了 才第二天 别为难他

I'm waiting to take old Lady Grantham home.

我等着送老夫人回家

Even then, Taylor never ate with us.

即便如此 Taylor也从不同桌就餐

You're taking advantage of Mrs Hughes' absence.

趁Hughes夫人不在就胡来

What are you doing?

你在做甚

I'm sorting the collars.

分拣衣领

Removing the ones that have come to an end.

挑出用旧的衣领

What happens to his lordship's old clothes?

老爷的旧衣物去向何处

What's it to you? Clothes are a valet's perk, not a chauffeur's.

与你何干 衣物都归贴身男仆 绝非司机

I get some but mostly it goes into the missionary barrel.

部分给我 多半都捐给了教会

I know it's meant to be kind but I can think of better ways of helping the needy than sending stiff collars to the equator.

本意虽好 但除了送些硬领去非洲 还有别的济贫之道吧

I thought Anna might have come down for her dinner.

Anna怎么没下来用餐

And show she's ready to start work again? Not a chance.

好尽她本分 动手干活吗 不可能

Is she still in bed, then?

她仍卧病在床吗

She is.

是的

While I'm sat here sewing like a cursed princess in a fairy tale and not down at the fair with the others.

害我像纺金线的公主 没命地干活 眼睁睁看着别人去集会

短语学习

1. steady on

讲解:它被用于口语中,不用于书面英语。是表示“当心,注意,镇定”的非正式说法。用来表示提醒。 相当于“to be careful; control yourself” 。

e.g. ——What if there's another murder? ——Steady on!

——万一又有人被杀呢?——说话注意点!

e.g. ——One can't live with a man like that!——Steady on, don’t jump into the conclusion.

和那样的男人没法过日子!——冷静点,不要鲁莽下结论。

e.g. Steady on, dear. Don't drop the plates you are holding.

亲爱的,小心点儿! 别把你端的盘子给摔落掉。

e.g. I say, steady on! You can't say things like that about someone you've never met.

哎,慢着! 你对素未谋面的人不能那样说人家。

2. cut sb. (a little)slack:宽恕......,放松对......的要求,不要苛刻对待......,多关照.....

详解:如果你初次参加某活动或到某集会,你可以说“Cut me a little slack please.”

e.g. This is my first time to take part in the ball. Please cut me a little slack.

这是我第一参加舞会,请多关照。

e.g. It's the first time to attend the meeting. Please cut me a little slack.

这是我初次参加会议,请多多关照。

3. take advantage of:利用,咱便宜

e.g. If you're too trusting, other people will take advantage of you.

如果你过于轻信,其他人就会打你的主意。

e.g. You had better take advantage of low-season airfares.

你最好在淡季飞机买廉价机票。

e.g. He's joining the club in order to take advantage of the others.

他入会是来揩油的。

4. come to an end:结束,告终

e.g. Unfortunately, like all good things, it had to come to an end.

不幸的是天下没有不散的宴席。

e.g. The meeting has come to an end.

会议结束了。

5. go into

详解:这个短语其中的一个意思是指把时间、精力或钱被用在......方面上。其英文解释为: If an amount of time, effort, or money goes into something, it is spent or used to do it, get it, or make it.

e.g.Is there a lot of effort and money going into this sort of research?

这种研究目前是否有大量的人力和资金投入?

6. think of...:想到

e.g. The police, or whoever, would not think of looking for him here.

无论是警方还是其他什么人都不会想到来这里找他。

e.g. It vexed me to think of others gossiping behind my back.

一想到别人在背后说我闲话,我就很恼火。

第二,短语泛讲

1. at the fair:在集市上

2. on one’s first(second, third,etc.) day:在某人的(第一,第二,第三)天

3. the needy:贫穷的人,艰苦困难的人,贫困的人

口语操练


1. 【语义表述】当比人问你什么事情的时候,你觉得他很讨厌,觉得这与他无关,问此事是何意。就是我们说的“你此事干什么?”或“这事情又跟你没有关系。”

句型模板What is it to you?

2. 【口语表述】生活中经常出现矛盾,但是有时候第三方是善意的,本意不是去伤害对方。你就可以为他人解释道:“他人本是好意的。”

句型模板】Sb. means to be kind.

【句型操练】Don’t blame her. She meant to be kind.

别责怪她,她的本意是好的。

3. 【语义表述】表述某人乘他人不在的时候做不好的事情。

句型模板】Sb. takes the advantage of sb.’s absence to do....

【句型操练】The students trends to take advantage of their teacher’s absence to make noise.

学生总是趁着老师不在的时候就吵起来了。


4.【语义表述】某人不是很肯定地猜测他人在过去的时候或许会做某事。

句型模板Sb. might have done...

【句型操练】Mary might have learned some Chinese before.

Mary以前学过点中文吧。

分享到
重点单词
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于
  • conclusionn. 结论
  • stiffadj. 硬的,僵直的,生硬的,拘谨的,不灵活的 adv
  • steadyadj. 稳定的,稳固的,坚定的 v. 使稳固,使稳定,
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • slackn. 松弛的部分,松散,淡季,中止 adj. 松弛的,不
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备
  • equatorn. 赤道
  • trustingadj. 信任的;轻信的 v. 信赖(trust的ing