试听英剧《唐顿庄园》学口语第23期:罗伯特与母亲争吵
日期:2013-03-25 17:31

(单词翻译:单击)

试听时间

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解部分由可可签约编辑编写,版权归可可网站所有。

视频出处

以下视频片段选自《唐顿庄园》第一季第一集。

影视片花

中英对白

Robert, dear, I don't mean to sound harsh.

我不想把话说得太难听

You may not mean to, but I bet you will.

您是不想 但还不是要说

24 years ago you married Cora, against my wishes, for her money.

二十四年前 你为了钱财不顾我的反对娶了Cora

Give it away now,

现在又不要主动放弃

and what was the point of your peculiar marriage in the first place?

那当初何苦结这门亲

If I were to tell you she'd made me happy,

如果我说她让我很幸福

would that stretch belief?

是不是很难让您相信

It's not why you chose her.

你当初选择她可不是这原因

Above all the other girls who could have filled my shoes so easily.

那么多我中意的姑娘 你就是不选

If you must know, when I think of my motives for pursuing Cora,

如果你必须知道 当我说到追求Cora的动机时

I'm ashamed.

我很惭愧

There's no need to remind me of them.

您就别一提再提了

Don't you care about Downton?

你难道不在乎唐顿吗

What do you think?

这还用您说

I've given my life to Downton.

我把一辈子都献给了唐顿

I was born here and I hope to die here.

我生于此 也希望终老于此

I claim no career beyond the nurture of this house and estate.

我此生的事业就是照顾家人和庄园

It is my third parent and my fourth child.

它有如我的至亲和骨肉

Do I care about it? Yes, I do care!

您说我在不在乎 我当然在乎

I hope I don't hear sounds of a disagreement.

你们不是在吵架吧

Is that what they call discussion in New York?

用你们的话说我们是在讨论

I'm glad you're fighting. I'm glad somebody's putting up a fight

很高兴你们吵架了 总算有人吵起来了

You're not really fighting Granny?

并非真吵起来了吧 奶奶

Your grandmother merely wishes to do the right thing.

你们的奶奶只是想让事情完美

And so do I.

我也是

词汇窜烧

1 harsh adj. 刺耳的

e.g. His harsh words caused her much pain.

他说话很刺耳,她听了很不舒服。

2 pursue vt. 追求,追寻

e.g. She is pursuing her studies at the university.

她在大学继续深造。

3 motive c.n. 动机

e.g. Can we assign jealousy as the motive for the crime?

我们能否确定这一犯罪动机是出于嫉妒?

4 ashamed adj. 惭愧的

e.g. He is ashamed for his former dishonorable action.

他对他以前不光彩的行为感到羞愧。

5 nurture u.n. 养育,培养,照顾,扶持

e.g. The child got his nurture from his loving parents.

这个孩子的教育来自他慈爱的双亲。

e.g. He wants to take the nurture of that delicate child.

他想去照料那个纤弱的孩子。

e.g. Most vegetables we buy in winter are nurtured in the greenhouse.

我们冬天买的大多数蔬菜都是在温室里培育的。

妙语连珠

1. against one’s wishes:违背某人的意愿

e.g. Mr.George cast off his daughter when she married against his wishes.

他的女儿违背父意结婚以后,乔治先生就和她断绝了关系。

e.g. My father was a poor minister and my mother had married him against the wishes of her family.

我父亲是个穷牧师﹐我母亲不顾家庭的反对嫁给了他。

2. give away:丧失,失去,错失(优势)

e.g. We gave away a silly goal.

我们愚蠢地白送了对方一分。

e.g. Military advantages should not be given away.

不能丧失军事优势。

3. in the first place:起初,刚开始

e.g. Why did you choose basketball in the first place?

你为何首先选择篮球呢?

e.g. You should never have acted the way you did in the first place.

当初你就不该这么做。

4. above all:尤其是,最重要的是,首要的是

e.g. Moral beauty ought to be ranked above all other beauty.

品德之美应列于其他美之上。

e.g. A faintly comic figure, he fears ridicule above all else.

他是个不怎么滑稽的人物,最害怕被人嘲笑。

5. think of:想到

e.g. I can't bear to think of it!

我简直不忍心去想它!

e.g. She couldn't think of such a thing.

她简直不能想象这样的事。

6. motives for:......的动机

e.g. The police could not find a motive for the murder.

警方未能找出谋杀者的动机。

e.g. His real motive for the crime remains obscure.

他犯罪的真正动机仍不清楚。

7. remind sb. of sth.:提醒某人某事或某物

e.g. I kept it all the time to remind me of you.

我一直保存着它,以使我想起你。

e.g. In case I forget, please remind me of my promise.

万一我忘记的话,请提醒一下我的诺言。

8. care about:在于,关心,对......感兴趣

e.g. I don't much care about television.

我并不太爱看电视.

e.g. Don't you care about losing your job?

你难道就不担心失去工作?

脱口而出

下文均为可可签约编辑编写,版权归可可网站所有,转载请注明出处。

1. 语意表述:某人不想把话说得难听刺耳而让人不舒服。

套用句型:Sb does not mean to sound harsh.

句型出处:I don't mean to sound harsh.

2. 语意表述:某人肯定某事发生了或者某事是什么状况。

套用句型:Sb bets ( that )+从句。

句型出处:..but I bet you will.

句型操练:I bet that girl loved her honey all the time.

我肯定那姑娘始终爱她的未婚夫。

I bet he's still in the sack.

我可以肯定他还在睡觉。

3. 语意表述:做某事的用意是什么。

套用句型:What is the point of something/doing something?

句型出处:... and what was the point of your peculiar marriage in the first place?

句型操练:What is the point of getting angry?

发脾气有什么用处呢?

What is the point of discussing this issue further?

这件事再讨论下去有什么意义呢?

4. 语意表述:改变某人在心中很久就已经形成的想法。

套用句型:Something stretch someone’s belief.

句型出处:... would that stretch belief?

指点迷津:这个语意的表述的要点是运用stretch这个词的引申义,stretch本义是“伸展,拉长”,引申为“扭转,改变”。

5 语意表述:对某样东西很满意,或对某人很中意。

套用句型:Sb ( or something ) fills one’s shoes.

句型出处:Above all the other girls who could have filled my shoes so easily.

指点迷津:这个语意的表述要点是运用这个习语“fill one’s shoes”,它的比喻义是“中某人的意”。

句型操练:The girl I think she is my type does not fill my parents’ shoes.

我认为我喜欢的女孩不中我父母的意。

6 语意表述:没有必要做某事。

套用句型:There is no need to do something.

句型出处:There's no need to remind me of them.

句型操练:I think there is no need to worry about the university.

我看没必要为大学发愁吧。

7. 语意表述:某人将毕生的精力和心血都致力于某件事情上。

套用句型:Sb gives his life to something (or somewhere).

句型出处:I've given my life to Downton.

句型操练:I have given my life to my ballet education.

我把毕生精力给了芭蕾舞教育事业。

8. 语意表述:某人想别人声明自己非常喜欢某处或某物或某人,只为他们或它们去跟耕耘——去培育他们,扶持他们,支持他们,让他们变得更好。

套用句型:Sb. claims to career beyond the nurture of something ( or someone ).

句型出处:I claim no career beyond the nurture of this house and estate.

9. 语意表述:某物是某人的至亲和骨肉。

套用句型:Something is one’s third parent and one’s fourth child.

句型出处:It is my third parent and my fourth child.

10. 语意表述:没有人吵架吧。

套用句型:There are not any sounds of a disagreement.

句型出处:I don't hear sounds of a disagreement.

句型操练:——My god! Why are they alway fighting by words?——Is there anything wrong with your ears. There are not any sounds of a disagreement.

——我的天啊!他们为何一天都要吵架呢?——你的耳朵没问题吧。没有人吵架呀。

分享到
重点单词
  • greenhousen. 温室,暖房
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流
  • comicn. 连环图画,喜剧演员,喜剧元素 adj. 滑稽的,有
  • obscureadj. 微暗的,难解的,不著名的,[语音学]轻音的 v
  • estaten. 财产,房地产,状态,遗产
  • disagreementn. 不合,争论,不一致
  • castv. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目
  • stretchn. 伸展,张开 adj. 可伸缩的 v. 伸展,张开,
  • ridiculen. 嘲笑,愚弄,笑柄 v. 嘲笑,嘲弄,愚弄
  • nurturen. 养育,照顾,教育,滋养,营养品 vt. 养育,给与