视听英剧《唐顿庄园》学口语第113期:虚伪的离别
日期:2014-02-01 12:31

(单词翻译:单击)

视听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,台词讲解为可可编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花出自《唐顿庄园》第一季第三集。

影视片花

中英对白

Lady Grantham!

伯爵夫人

I've come to say goodbye.

我是来告辞的

They're bringing the car around to take me to the station.

他们在备车送我去车站

Have you said goodbye to Mary?

你和玛丽道过别了吗

I have.

是的

Will we be seeing you here again?

什么时候能再见面呢

Nothing would give me more pleasure,

我荣幸之至

but I'm afraid I am a little busy at the moment and...

但最近真是抽不开身啊

I wonder if I might risk embarrassing you?

也许会冒犯您

Because I should like to make myself clear.

但我这人不喜欢绕弯子

The truth is, Lady Grantham, I am not a vain man.

伯爵夫人 我有自知之明

I do not consider myself a very interesting person.

我知道自己不是个有趣的人

But I feel it's important that my future wife should think me so.

但我未来的妻子认为我有趣很重要

A woman who finds me boring could never love me,

认为我无趣的女人永远不会爱上我

and I believe marriage should be based on love.

而婚姻的前提是两情相悦

At least at the start.

至少一开始该这样

Thank you for your faith in me, Mr Napier.

谢谢你对我的信任 奈皮尔先生

Your instincts do you credit.

你的直觉令人赞赏

Good luck to you.

祝你好运

妙语连珠

1. say goodbye:道别,辞别

e.g. He gave a wave of the hand to say goodbye.

他挥手告别。

e.g. We went on holiday at such short notice that I didn't say goodbye to Eric.

我们动身去休假之前十分仓促,我来不及向埃里克告别。

2. bring sb. around:改变…的观点;说服(某人)

e.g. We will do everything we can to bring parliament round to our point of view.

我们将尽己所能说服议会支持我们的观点。

e.g. I'll try to bring him around to your views.

我会努力劝说他同意你的观点。

e.g. I talked till my jaws ached, trying to bring him around.

我劝了他半天,嘴皮都快磨破了。

3. make myself clear:表白清楚自己的意思,说明白自己的意思

e.g. I am sorry that I didn't make myself clear. I need to have my shoes shined now. You see, I'm going to a banquet an hour from now.

对不起我没有把话说清楚。我现在就需要擦鞋,我一小时后要去参加一个宴会。

e.g.Let me make myself clear. I do not object to the existence of hedge funds.

我必须澄清一点,我并不反对对冲基金的存在。

e.g. Do I make myself clear?

我讲得清楚吗?

4. should like to:想要

e.g. I should like to know what his action imports.

我倒想知道他的行动用意何在。

e.g. I should like to add that we are pleased with the result.

我想补充一句,我们对这个结果感到高兴。

5. at the start:开始

e.g. At the start the work seemed complex, difficult, heartbreakingly slow.

开始时这件工作似乎十分复杂困难,而且慢得令人伤心。

e.g. The new system will be confronted with great difficulties at the start.

新体系开始时会遇到极大的困难。

6. faith in:对......的信任

e.g. I have faith in you;I am sure you will do well.

我相信你,我肯定你会做好的。

e.g. I have lost faith in him and have come to mistrust him.

我对他已经失去了信任,已经不信任他了。

7. do sb. credit:值得赞赏某人,使得某人值得赞扬

Expl. make sb worthy of praise

e.g. If you want to know, I thought she would do me credit.

我不妨告诉你,我觉得她是值得我这么做的。

e.g. It does her credit that she managed not to get angry.

她沉住气没发脾气, 这是值得称赞的。

e.g. His improved performance does his trainer credit .

他的表演有进步, 这应该归功於他的教练。

8. good luck to sb.:祝......好运

Good luck to your team.

祝你们好运。

e.g. Take care and good luck to you.

多保重,祝你好运。

9. at the moment:此刻,眼下

e.g. Our chief concern at the moment is the weather.

眼前我们最关心的事是天候。

e.g. The number is engaged at the moment. Try again in five minutes.

这个号现在占线,五分钟后再试试吧。

口语操练

1. 【语义表述】爱情是婚姻的基础。

【口语短句】Marriage should be based on love.

2.【语义表述此事让某人感到荣幸之至。

句型模板Nothing would give sb. more pleasure.

【句型操练】Jenny was invited to his party. Nothing would give her more pleasure.

分享到
重点单词
  • banquetn. 宴会 vi. 宴请 vt. 宴会,设宴
  • boringadj. 令人厌烦的
  • hedgen. 树篱,篱笆,障碍,防护物,套期保值,推诿 v. 用
  • mistrustn. 不信任,疑惑 v. 不信任,疑惑
  • vainadj. 徒劳的,无效的,自负的,虚荣的
  • fundsn. 基金;资金,现金(fund的复数) v. 提供资金
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • complexadj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的 n. 复合体,综合体,
  • performancen. 表演,表现; 履行,实行 n. 性能,本事