试听英剧《唐顿庄园》学口语第35期:下人的饭桌话题
日期:2013-05-21 18:12

(单词翻译:单击)

试听时间

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解部分由可可签约编辑编写。

视频出处

以下视频片段选自《唐顿庄园》第一季第一集。

影视片花

中英对白

How long do you think they'll be? I'm starving.
他们还要多久 我饿死了

Have you settled the ladies?

安置好女士们了吗

Yes, Mr Carson.

是的 Carson先生

Then it won't be long once they go through.

那就快了

Do you think he'll speak out?

你们说他会求婚吗

Do you think we'll have a duchess to wait on?

以后 我们服侍的可就是公爵夫人了

Imagine that!

想想这件事情

You won't be waiting on her!

那也轮不到你

There is no reason why the eldest daughter and heiress of the Earl should not wear a duchess's coronet with honor.

伯爵的长女 又是继承人没理由不能当公爵夫人

Heiress, Mr Carson? Has it been decided?

继承人 Carson先生 确定吗

It will be, if there's any justice in the world.

如果世上还有公道就该如此

Well, we'll know soon enough.

很快就能知道了

What are you doing, Anna?

你干什么 Anna

I thought I'd take something up to Mr Bates, he not being well enough to come down.

我想给Bates先生拿点吃的去 他不舒服 所以 没下来

You don't mind, do you, Mrs Hughes?

您不介意吧 Hughes夫人

I don't mind. Not this once.

去吧 下不为例

No, take him whatever he might need.

他需要什么都行

Mr Bates is leaving without a stain on his character.

Bates先生的辞职 和他的人品无关

I hope you all observe that in the manner of your parting.

你们在道别时 请注意这点

I don't see why he has to go. I don't mind doing extra.

不明白他为何要走 我不介意多做

It's not up to you.

不由你做主

I'll take care of his Lordship, shall I?

我可以侍奉老爷吗

No, while you're looking after the Duke, you won't.

不行 你还要伺候公爵

I'll see to his Lordship myself.

我会亲自上阵

妙语连珠

第一、词汇窜烧

coronet n.冠冕, 花冠

heiress n.女继承人

duchess n.公爵夫人;女公爵

observe v.评论

parting n.分别

第二、短语学习

1. go through:重复做,例行做

Every night, they go through the same routine: he throws open the bedroom window, she closes it.

他们每天晚上都要上演这么一出戏:他打开卧室的窗户,她又把它关上。

2. speak out:大声地说,大胆地说

Speak out. Don't just brood over things.

你有什么事就说吧, 别圈在心里。

He is not afraid to speak out his mind.

他不怕把自已的想法谈出来。

3. wait on:伺候,服伺

This servant will wait on your guests.

这个服务员将为你的客人服务。

They expect me to wait on them like a servant.

他们巴不得我就象一个女招待那样去伺候他们。

4. with honour:荣耀地,光荣地

I had a destiny. I was supposed to die in the field with honour!

我命中注定要死在战场上,光荣地战死。

Better die with honour than live with shame.

死得光荣胜过忍辱偷生。

5. come down:下来

Hardly had we begun the climb when the snow began to come down.

我们刚一开始爬山就下起雪来了。

Come down——that branch won't hold you!

下来!那个树枝承受不了你的重量。

6. a stain on:......的污点

Joe left the house without a stain on his character.

乔离开了这个家,在他的品德上没有留下一点污点。

He left the court without a stain on his character.

他经法庭一役, 人格丝毫无损。

7. mind doing:介意做......

Would you mind helping me?

请帮帮我的忙好吗?

Do you mind my closing the window?

我关上窗户行吗?

8. take care of:照顾,照料

I ached to be of an age to take care of myself.

我巴望能到自食其力的年龄。

I'll have one of my men here take care of him.

我会叫我这儿的一个职员来安插他。

9. look after:照料,照顾,照管

For the future I intend to look after myself.

今后我想多替自己打算打算。

We should advertise for someone to look after the garden.

我们应该登广告来寻求一个人照料花园。

10. see to:负责,注意,照料

Please see to it that the door is locked.

请注意一下门锁了没有。

You go ahead with the formalities. I'll see to the heavy luggage.

您先去办手续,我来帮您照看大件行李。

11. in the manner of:像......的方式,以......的方式

They shook hands in the manner of men, each looking deeply into the other's eyes.

他们就象男人之间会见时那样握了握手,彼此深情地凝视着对方。

This picture is in the manner of Raphael.

这幅画模仿了拉斐尔的风格。

脱口而出

1. 语意表述:没有理由......

套用句型:There is no reason why+从句。

句型操练:There is no reason why a woman shouldn't become a minister.

没有理由不让妇女当部长。

句型出处:There is no reason why the eldest daughter and heiress of the Earl should not wear a duchess's coronet with honour.

2. 语意表述:某人身体不够舒服而没有做某事。

套用句型:Sb is not well enough to do something.

句型操练:She is not well enough to run.

她身体不舒服,不能跑步。

句型出处:I thought I'd take something up to Mr Bates, he not being well enough to come down.

3. 语意表述:下不为例,不要有下次。

套用句型:Not this once.

句型出处:Not this once.

分享到
重点单词
  • luggagen. 行李
  • broodn. 窝 v. 孵,沉思
  • observev. 观察,遵守,注意到 v. 评论,庆祝
  • branchn. 分支,树枝,分店,分部 v. 分支,分岔
  • intendvt. 想要,计划,打算,意指
  • settledadj. 固定的;稳定的 v. 解决;定居(settle
  • routinen. 例行公事,常规,无聊 adj. 常规的,例行的,乏
  • stainn. 污点,瑕疵,染料,着色剂 v. 玷污,弄脏,着色
  • advertisev. 登广告,为 ... 做广告,宣传