视听英剧《唐顿庄园》学口语第137期:聚焦庙会
日期:2014-10-14 07:09

(单词翻译:单击)

视听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,台词讲解为可可编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花出自《唐顿庄园》第一季第四集。

影视片花

中英对白

I never put the Sauternes on ice.

葡萄甜酒怎么放在冰上

Mrs Hughes goes out for one night and we all fall to pieces!

Hughes夫人才出去一晚家里就整个乱作一团

We wondered if we could walk down to the fair after dinner.

Carson先生 晚餐后我们能去集市吗

I suppose so.But don't be too late.

去吧 去吧 但尽早回来

Where do you think she's gone?

她去哪了

None of your business.Like most of what goes on round here.

不关你的事 你们都不该管闲事 做好分内事

Well caught that man though I say it myself.

接住了 我厉害吧

Thanks ever so.Yes?

多谢了 怎么了

You've cheered up a bit.

心情好点了呀

He's so agile, ins’t he?

他反应真快 是吧

He could have been a sportsman. Who?

可以当运动员 谁

Thomas, of course. Really?

当然是Thomas 是吗

Which sport did he have in mind?

他会哪个项目呢

I ran into cousin Matthew in the village.

我在村子里碰到Matthew堂兄

He wanted to call on you after dinner.

他想晚餐后来见你

Apparently, Granny's been to see him.

奶奶去找他了

Did you tell him she's coming here?

奶奶要来 你没告诉他吗

I didn't know she was.

你说了 我才知道

When he arrives, do your best to keep her in the drawing room.

等他来时 拖住奶奶让她留在客厅

Well, I'd like to see you try.

你倒是站着说话不腰疼

妙语连珠

1. call on:拜访,访问

解释:这个访问只是短时间的。其英文解释为: If you call on someone or call upon someone, you pay them a short visit.

e.g. I'm going to call on one of my former classmates.

我要去看望我的一位老同学。

e.g. I'll call on you in my spare time.

有空我去找你。

2. have sth. in mind:想做某事,记住某事

e.g. I have in mind some doubts which really puzzle me.

我心中有一个疑团, 百思不得其解。

e.g. Well, let me see. What price range do you have in mind?

哦,让我想想看。您心目中的价格范围是什么呢?

e.g.Who do you have in mind for the job?

你考虑谁做这工作合适?

e.g.OK. What ... what kind of house did you have in mind?

好的, 你们打算买什么样的房子?

3. fall to pieces:崩溃 瓦解

e.g. Nigel will fall to pieces if he does not stop working so hard.

奈杰尔如果再这样拼命干下去,身体会垮下来的。

e.g. After the death of Napoleon his empire began to fall to pieces.

拿破仑死后,他的帝国开始土崩瓦解。

4. none of one’s business:与某人无关,不管某人的事

e.g. It's none of my business,but I think her dress is a bit too loud.

虽说不干我的事,可我觉得她的裙子有点太花哨了。

e.g. Get out of my face. Who do you think you are? It's none of your business.

滚开。你以为你自己是什么东西?这事与你毫不相干。

e.g. My private life is none of your business/is no business of yours.

我的私生活与你毫不相干。

e.g. It's none of my business, but I think you ought to study harder.

这事与我毫无关系,但我觉得你应该更加努力学习。

5. go on:进行

e.g. While this conversation was going on, I was listening with earnest attention.

这场对话进行的时候,我聚精会神地听着。

e.g. I don't know what's going on.

我不知道发生了什么事。

6. round here:这里,这儿

e.g. You'll soon pull round here in the country.

住在这乡间你不久即可康复。

e.g. The houses round here are for the most part able to stand up to typhoons.

这一带的房子绝大部分能经得往台风袭击。

7. cheer up:振奋起来,开心起来,高兴起来

e.g. Every one of us cheered up at the news that the experiment had proved a complete success.

一听到实验完全成功的消息,我们大家都高兴起来。

e.g. He cheered up at once when I promised to help him with his lessons.

当我答应帮他做功课时,他立刻高兴起来了。

8. run into sb./sth.:偶然遇到

e.g. He ran into Krettner in the corridor a few minutes later.

几分钟之后他在走廊里意外碰到了克雷特纳。

e.g. He has run into trouble in his job.

他的工作遇到了麻烦。

e.g. If I run into anything that might interest you, I'll send it your way.

如果我碰上你可能感兴趣的东西,我就给你寄过去。

9. do one’s best:尽最大努力,竭尽全力

e.g. You may rest assured that I will do my best.

请放心,我一定尽力。

e.g. Now you can go back to the factory and tell the women that I'll do my best to give them satisfaction.

—现在请你先回厂去,告诉工人们,我一定要设法使她们满意的。

分享到
重点单词
  • satisfactionn. 赔偿,满意,妥善处理,乐事,确信
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • rangen. 范围,行列,射程,山脉,一系列 v. 排列,归类于
  • puzzlen. 谜,难题,迷惑 vt. 使困惑,使为难 vi. 迷
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • corridorn. 走廊
  • agileadj. (动作)敏捷的,灵活的,(头脑)机灵的
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • assuredadj. 确实的,保障的,有自信的 动词assure的过