视听英剧《唐顿庄园》学口语第131期:少来讨价还价,遵命即可
日期:2014-10-08 22:09

(单词翻译:单击)

视听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,台词讲解为可可编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花出自《唐顿庄园》第一季第四集。

影视片花

中英对白

Someone to see you, Mr Crawley.

有人要见你 Crawley先生

Well, there's nothing in my diary.

日程上没预约啊

It's Lady Grantham.

是伯爵夫人

Well, in that case, show her in at once.

那快请她进来

Cousin Cora, to what do I owe the

Cora堂婶 不好意思

I hope I'm not a disappointment.

希望没让你大失所望

I thought it might be nice to cheer it up a bit.

看起来喜人一点更好

Easier said than done.

说得容易 做起来难

Perhaps a flower or a bit of veil or something.

插朵花或是加个面纱

I can find you a veil, if you like.

我可以去找面纱

I hope you're not expecting me to do it.

但别指望我来缝

Not if you're busy, of course. Good.

你忙的话就算了 那就好

And Miss O'Brian?

O'Brian小姐

I've sent Anna to bed with a cold,

Anna感冒 我让她上床休息了

so I need you to manage the young ladies.

所以 你要侍候小姐们

What, all three of them?

三个全要我来吗

I'm not an octopus.

我可没有三头六臂

Why can't Gwen do it?

为什么不叫Gwen做

Because she is not a lady's maid.

因为她不是贴身女仆

I am not a slave.

妙语连珠

1. in that case:在那样的情况下

e.g. You don' t like your job ? In that case why don' t you leave ?

你不喜欢这份工作? 那你怎么不辞掉呢?

e.g. He is said to be not at home. In that case, we shall not go there.

听说他不在家, 那么我们不去了。

2. cheer sth. up:(比喻)使某物更加美好

讲解:cheer sb up的意思是“使得某人高兴起来”,这里用了比喻的手法,show something up字面意思是“使得某物高兴的样子”,比喻为“使得某物更添光辉,色彩等”。

e.g. Flowers always cheer a room up.

房间里一有花就满室生辉。

2. show sb. in :把某人引进(带进)

讲解:show在这里的意思是“引领,指导,指引”。

e.g. We were shown into the waiting-room.

把我们带到了候客室。

e.g. Please show this lady out (of the building).

请把这位太太送出去。

e.g. The usherette showed us to our seats.

女引座员把我们带到座位上。

e.g. Our trained guides will show you round the museum.

我们这些训练有素的导游来带你们参观博物馆。

3. at once:马上,即刻,立刻

e.g. Aileen began at once to unburden her feelings.

爱玲立刻开始发泄她的感情。

e.g. Let s pack up and start at once.

让我们整理好行李立刻出发。

4. with a cold:由于感冒

e.g. I have been shut up with a cold all week.

我因受凉整个星期都关在家里。

e.g. Oh, she's ill in bed with a cold.

哦,她患感冒卧床不起了。

5. or something:诸如此类的

e.g. Mr. Green is a shopkeeper or something.

格林先生大概是店主之类的人。

e.g. He's ill or something.

他大概是病了,还是怎么的。

6. To what do I owe the pleasure.

译:什么风把你出来了?

7. Easier said than done.

译:说起来容易做起来难。

分享到
重点单词
  • disappointmentn. 失望,令人失望的人或事
  • veiln. 面纱,掩饰物,修女 vt. 给 ... 戴面纱或面
  • diaryn. 日记,日记簿