视听英剧《唐顿庄园》学口语第121期:慈善的管家
日期:2014-02-09 23:42

(单词翻译:单击)

视听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,台词讲解为可可编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花出自《唐顿庄园》第一季第三集。

影视片花

中英对白

Oh, don't say that, My Lady.

别这么说 小姐

Don't raise the white flag quite yet.

别轻言放弃

You'll still be mistress of Downton.

您还将成为唐顿庄园的女主人

Old Lady Grantham hasn't given up the fight, not by a long chalk.

老夫人可没放弃 差得远呢

Oh, that...

那事啊...

I wasn't even thinking about that.

我根本就没考虑那件事

And if I may say so, My Lady, you're still very young.

容我劝您一句 您还年轻 小姐

Am I? I don't feel it.

年轻吗 我没觉得

We're all behind you, My Lady.

我们都支持你 小姐

The staff. We're all on your side.

所有的仆人 我们都跟您一条心

Thank you, Carson.

谢谢你 卡森

You've always been so kind to me. Always.

你对我总是很好

From when I was quite a little girl.

从我很小的时候你就如此

Why is that?

为什么

Even a butler has his favourites, My Lady.

管家也是有他的最爱 小姐

Does he?

是吗

I'm glad. Lady Mary.

我很高兴 玛丽小姐

Oh, My Lady, I thought...

小姐 我以为

Carson and I were just making sure that everything was ship-shape and Bristol fashion.

我和卡森来检查一下房间是不是收拾整齐了

And it is.

看起来一切安好

Good night, Carson.

晚安 卡森

Good night, My Lady.

晚安 小姐

妙语连珠

by a long chalk:远远

e.g. Though they didn't mean it by a long chalk, the railroad people did me a good turn when they gave me my time.

尽管铁路当局的本意压根不是这么回事,可是他们停了我的生意,实在帮了我一个大忙。

e.g. That amount of money won't be enough, not by a long chalk.

那笔金额是差得太远了。

give up:放弃,认输

e.g. After a fruitless morning sitting at his desk he had given up.

他在书桌前徒劳地坐了一上午之后便放弃了。

e.g. She was not going to give up her hard-won freedom so easily.

她不会这么轻易地放弃得来不易的自由。

think about:考虑

e.g. You can think about it and let me know your decision later.

你可以把这事考虑一下,以后再把你的决定告诉我。

e.g. I should like to think about your suggestion before I give a definite reply.

我想先考虑一下你的建议, 然后给你一个明确的答复。

ship-shape and Bristol fashion:井然有序的;整整齐齐的

e.g. She keeps everything on her desk all ship-shape and Bristol fashion.

她把桌子上的所有东西整理得整整齐齐,井井有条。

e.g. After spring cleaning, all was shipshape and Bristol fashion.

春季大扫除之后一切都整整齐齐。

口语操练

1. 【语义表述某人轻易认输,认为自己失败。

【句型模板Sb. raises the white flag quiet yet.

指点迷津】认输失败在这个句型中采用一个很巧妙的说法“raise the white flag”。如果表示胜利就会红色旗帜,表示失败就会亮出白色旗帜。Quiet yet的意思是“别那么早”的意思。

【句型操练】You could have won, but you lack of confidence. So you raised the white flag quiet yet.

你本来可以获胜的,但是你缺乏信心,轻易服输。

【句型出处】Don't raise the white flag quite yet.

2.【语义表述委婉地一种方式来表达自己的观点,看法。

句型模板If I may say so...

【句型操练】If I may say so, you should go out to do some exercises.

容我说一句,你应该出去锻炼一下。

【句型出处】And if I may say so, My Lady, you're still very young.

分享到
重点单词
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • confidenceadj. 骗得信任的 n. 信任,信心,把握
  • flagn. 旗,旗帜,信号旗 vt. (以旗子)标出 v. 无
  • definiteadj. 明确的,确切的,有把握的
  • shipshapeadj. 整洁的,井然有序的