视听英剧《唐顿庄园》学口语第103期:满足需要忍痛
日期:2014-01-01 08:19

(单词翻译:单击)

视听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,台词讲解为可可编辑编写。

视频出处

本期影视片花出自《唐顿庄园》第一季第三集。

影视片花

中英对白

Is that a crime?

有错吗

I, too, dream of the simpler world.

我也觉得简单点好

As long as we can keep our trains and our dentistry.

前提是把火车和牙医留下

I wish I shared your enthusiasm. Our dentist is horrid.

您真幸福 我们的牙医太可怕了

Well, why go to him, then?

那为什么找他呢

Oh, he treated all of us when we were children.

从小都是他治

You know how the English are about these things.

英国人嘛 一成不变

Well, the next time you feel a twinge, you must come to Istanbul.

下次你牙齿刺痛时 一定要来伊斯坦布尔

Wouldn't the journey be painful?

一路颠陂岂不更让我疼痛难忍

Sometimes we must endure a little pain in order to achieve satisfaction.

有时候 为了得到满足 总要忍受些许疼痛的

Lady Mary rode very well today.

玛丽小姐今天骑得很棒

Why did you send Lynch back?

你怎么让林奇回来了

I had my champions to left and right. It was enough.

有这两位的左右陪护 足够了

Did you enjoy the hunt today, Mr Napier?

奈皮尔先生 今天的狩猎还满意吗

Mary said you had a tremendous run.

玛丽说你今天收获颇丰啊

It was like something out of a Trollope novel.

仿佛置身于特罗洛普的小说里一样

What about you, Mr Pamuk. Was your day successful?

你呢 帕努克先生 今天是否令你满意

Oh, yes, Lady Grantham.

当然 格兰瑟姆夫人

I can hardly remember a better one.

好得不能再好了

短语学习

1. dream of: 梦想; 渴望; 考虑;向往

e.g. I wouldn't dream of studying abroad in the near future.

近期内我不考虑出国读书。

e.g. I would never dream of asking you to make such a sacrifice.

我决没想到要你做出这样的牺牲。

e.g. She gradually surrendered her dream of becoming an actress.

她渐渐放弃了当演员的梦想。

e.g. Being a actress has been the favourite dream of my early years.

做一名女演员我自孩提时就憧憬向往不已的。

2. as long as:只要.......就......

e.g. My mistake won't be discovered as long as nobody tells on me.

只要没人告发我,我的错误就不会被发现。

e.g. As long as you can keep away from them, you're safe.

只要你离他们远一点,你就会安全。

e.g. You will never cease to learn as long as you live.

活到老,学到老。

e.g. I'll read the book in bed as long as I like — there's no law against it.

只要我喜欢我便躺在床上看书——谁也管不着。

3. go to sb.:去找某人

e.g. I went to him for help, but he treated me coldly.

我去求他帮忙, 他却爱理不理。

e.g. Everyone in the town liked him and people always went to him when there was anything wrong with them.

镇里的每个人都喜欢他。人们感觉有什么不舒服时总去找他。

4. come to sb.:来找某人

e.g. She had not come to him today with this feeling of sullen antagonism.

她今天并没有带着这种愠怒的抵触情绪到他这儿来。

e.g. The following day he had come to her almost shyly, afraid that she would be angry.

第二天他来找她,那模样简直是胆小害羞,怕她会生气。

5. in order to:以便......;为了......

e.g. Often the interviewer will need to play devil's advocate in order to get a discussion going.

采访者常常需要故意唱唱反调以使访谈继续下去。

e.g. She would pinch on food in order to spend on clothing.

她过去常把伙食费省下来买衣服。

6. send sb. back:差遣某人回来

e.g. Have you the heart to send her back to San Francisco?

你还有意把她送回旧金山去吗?

e.g. Let's send her back to her mother today.

今天我们把她送回到她妈妈那儿。

短语积累

1. feel a twinge:感到剧痛

2. endure pain:忍耐痛苦

3. achieve satisfaction:得到满足

4. enjoy the hunt:狩猎愉快

5. have a run:有所收获

分享到
重点单词
  • advocaten. 提倡者,拥护者,辩护者,律师 v. 主张,提倡
  • antagonismn. 对抗,对立,敌对状态(行为)
  • twingen. (生理,心理上的)剧痛,刺痛 v. (使)感到剧痛
  • sullenadj. 愠怒的,闷闷不乐的,阴沉的
  • sacrificen. 牺牲,供俸,祭品 vt. 牺牲,祭祀,贱卖 vi.
  • satisfactionn. 赔偿,满意,妥善处理,乐事,确信
  • ceasev. 停止,终止 n. 停止
  • pinchn. 捏,一撮,少量,困苦,偷窃 vt. 掐,使 ...
  • achievev. 完成,达到,实现
  • enthusiasmn. 热情,热心;热衷的事物