视听英剧《唐顿庄园》学口语第20期:你不嫁给他,我愿意嫁给他
日期:2013-03-19 16:21

(单词翻译:单击)

英剧时间

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,讲解由可可签约编辑编写,版权归可可网站所有。

视频出处

以下视频选自《唐顿庄园》第一季第一集。

影视片花


中英对白

Perhaps she misunderstood.

或许 她误解了

No, it was quite plain.

没有 说得很清楚

O'Brien told her Bates can't do the job properly.

O'Brien告诉她Bates无法胜任自己的工作

Why was he taken on?

怎么选上他的

Oh, he was Lord Grantham's batman

他是老爷的勤务兵

when he was fighting the Boers.

跟布尔人打仗时

I know that, but even so!

这我知道 那又如何

I think it's romantic.


很有人情味

I don't!

我不觉得

How can a valet do his work if he's lame?

瘸着个脚怎么做贴身男仆

He's not very lame.

他瘸得也不是很厉害

There. Anything else before I go down?

好了 还有什么要吩咐的

No. That's it. Thank you.

没了 先这样 谢谢

Oh, I hate black.

真讨厌黑色

It's not for long.

穿不了多久

Ma says we can go into half-mourning next month

妈妈说下个月就可以穿半丧服

and back to colors by September.

九月就可穿回本色

Still a lot for a cousin.

为了个堂兄真没必要

But not a fiance.

是未婚夫就有必要了

He wasn't really a fiance.

他还算不上

No?

不算?

I thought that was what you call a man you're going to marry.

你要嫁的人不是未婚夫是什么

I was only going to marry him if nothing better turned up.

若有更好的选择我才不会下嫁他

Mary, what a horrid thing to say!

Mary 这话太难听了

Don't worry.

不用担心

Edith would have taken him, wouldn't you?

Edith巴不得我这样做 是吧

Yes. I'd have taken him.

是的 我是巴不得

If you'd given me the chance, I'd have taken him like a shot.

要是你给我个机会 我一定嫁给他

学习时间

第一、妙语连珠

1. take on:开始雇佣

e.g. He's spoken to a publishing firm. They're going to take him on.

他和一家出版公司谈过了,他们打算雇用他。

2. do one’s work:做事,工作

e.g. Why don't you get off my back and let me do my work!

你就不能别打扰我让我好好地工作!

3. go down:下楼

e.g. John has been awake for hours but he does not go down yet.

约翰醒来好几个小时了,但是他还是没有下楼来。

4. for long:长久地

e.g. My mother remained silent for long.

妈妈保持沉默了很久。

5. go into:开始从事

e.g. My father has now gone into the tourism business.

我爸爸现在从事旅游业。

6. back to:回到

e.g. I wrote back to him immediately to thank them for the invitation.

我立刻给他写了回信, 感谢他们盛情邀请。

7. turn up:(常指出其不意地或经长久等待后)出现,到来,露面

e.g. Richard had turned up on Christmas Eve with Tony.

理查德和托尼在圣诞夜一道露面了。

e.g. This is similar to waiting for a bus that never turns up.

这就跟等待一辆永远等不到的公共汽车差不多。

8. like a shot:立即,飞快地

e.g. If I had a chance to go to Japan, I'd take it like a shot.

如果我有机会去日本, 我会乐意接受。

e.g. As soon as he heard the news, he was off like a shot.

一听到这消息他马上就赶去了。

第二、口语表达

情景设置:每个季节的到来,我们都要更换不同的衣服,现在夏季到了,我们马上可以穿上性感而又显示身材的裙子了。

套用句型:Sb goes into something.

句型操练:We will go into beautiful and fashionable dresses by this month.

分享到
重点单词
  • fashionableadj. 流行的,时髦的
  • plainn. 平原,草原 adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简单的,平坦
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人
  • misunderstoodadj. 被误解的 v. 误解,误会(misunders
  • invitationn. 邀请,招待,邀请函,引诱,招致