听《傲慢与偏见》第154期:我整整哭了两天
日期:2012-01-05 09:50

(单词翻译:单击)


"I am sure, " said she, "I cried for two days together when Colonel Miller's regiment went away. I thought I should have broken my heart. "
她说:我一点儿没记错,当初米勒上校那一团人调走的时候,我整整哭了两天。我简直似碎了。

"I am sure I shall break MINE, " said Lydia.
我相信我的心是一定要碎的,丽迪雅说。

"If one could but go to Brighton!" observed Mrs. Bennet.
要是我们能上白利屯去,那多么好!班纳特太太说。

"Oh, yes!--if one could but go to Brighton! But papa is so disagreeable. "
对啊——如果能上白利屯去多么好!可是爸爸偏偏要作对。

"A little sea-bathing would set me up forever. "
洗一洗海水浴就会使我一辈子身体健康。

"And my aunt Phillips is sure it would do ME a great deal of good, " added Kitty.
腓力普姨母也说,海水浴一定会对我的身体大有好处。吉蒂接着说。

Such were the kind of lamentations resounding perpetually through Longbourn House. Elizabeth tried to be diverted by them; but all sense of pleasure was lost in shame. She felt anew the justice of Mr. Darcy's objections; and never had she been so much disposed to pardon his interference in the views of his friend.
浪搏恩这家人家的两位小姐,就是这样没完没结地长吁短叹。伊丽莎白想把她们笑话一番,可是羞耻心打消了她一切的情趣。她重新又想到达西先生的确没有冤枉她们,他指出她们的那些缺陷确是事实,她深深感觉到,实在难怪他要干涉他朋友和吉英的好事。

1.break one's heart 令人伤心, 使人痛心
Please don't cry, sweetheart, you break my heart.
请别哭,心肝,你这样我的心都碎了。

2.set up 使振奋
A hot drink will soon set you up.
你喝杯热饮料马上就精神了。

3.do sb. a great deal of good 对某人有很大好处
An airing would do me a great deal of good
出去透透空气,一定会使我精神爽快得多。

分享到
重点单词
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • millern. 磨坊主,铣床(工)
  • disposedadj. 愿意的,想干的,有 ... 倾向的 动词dis
  • interferencen. 妨碍,干扰 [计算机] 干涉
  • disagreeableadj. 不愉快的,厌恶的,不为人喜的